PDA

View Full Version : Special (and original) paint Boss 302

scuncio
06-11-2016, 03:51 AM
One of the few Fords I would love to own. Seller states this is a special order color but it looks familiar to me. Anyone have an idea what color this is? A friend of mine is lusting after this one and contemplating pulling the trigger.

http://ebay.to/1XN50Ic

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RmAAAOSwAuNW4hJi/s-l1600.jpg

firstgenaddict
06-11-2016, 12:40 PM
That car looks to be well worth the money, about 30 - 50 hours cleaning and detailing it would be primo!

mockingbird812
06-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Beautiful car to be sure. Pls educate me: Curious why FoMoCo would not have mandatory limited slip diff for such a performance car. Weren't all '69 Z (other yrs too?) posi?

scuncio
06-11-2016, 01:23 PM
No idea...I do know you could get a Z in 69 with the 'BO' code 3.73 open diff but I can't believe too many were ordered that way.

Charley Lillard
06-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Posi was a option on a 69Z.

tom406
06-19-2016, 06:22 PM
I've shared it before, but my last Z was no cowl hood, no spoilers, NO POSI. They did click off Rally Sport, console/gauges and the ever-vibrant Hugger Orange color, so it wasn't apathy, it was a personal choice. Its interesting how GM would suggest things but still give you the ability to order something that didn't really make sense, like GTO's with bucket seats and a column shifted automatic (your choice to order a console, no matter how silly it looks without anything on the bare hump), or Z/28's endlessly spinning the inside tire. It also left them having to tool up for the handful of cars built that way.

Bill Pritchard
08-24-2016, 11:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scuncio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the few Fords I would love to own. Seller states this is a special order color but it looks familiar to me. Anyone have an idea what color this is? </div></div>

Looks like Acapulco blue to me. IIRC, the last year that was a standard available color was 68, but I would certainly defer to Ford experts. My wife had an Acapulco blue 68 Mustang that I 'coerced' her into getting rid of in order to purchase a brand new 73 Nova hatchback.....she still holds that against me <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blush.gif The Nova was gone in less than a year.