PDA

View Full Version : Demon returns

earntaz
01-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Going to be hells child? http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/12/new-dodge-demon-will-be-hellacious-muscle-car.html

70 copo
01-12-2017, 10:53 PM
I wonder if you can delete the emblem? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

olredalert
01-15-2017, 10:01 PM
----A friend of mine went thru the Dyno facility about a month ago and they were running more than one Demon engine. He actually was there behind the glass when one exploded. Horsies are projected to be around 800!

70 copo
01-15-2017, 11:44 PM
They will need 800 to stay with the ZL1... Normal Hellcat was scary enough to drive with 707 on tap.

The emblem looks a little too satanic to me- not exactly what I would want on the fender of a car that I was going to drive to the edge of control that is for sure.

earntaz
01-16-2017, 12:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 copo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will need 800 to stay with the ZL1... Normal Hellcat was scary enough to drive with 707 on tap.

The emblem looks a little too satanic to me- not exactly what I would want on the fender of a car that I was going to drive to the edge of control that is for sure.</div></div>

Good thing they don't rate the HP as 666 ...

njsteve
01-16-2017, 03:16 AM
The reason that Dodge dropped the original Demon name plate after only two years was for the same reason that is coming up now: potential concern from the devout religious customers. Though the original decal was a little more humorous in an effort to capture some of the RoadRunner comic book imagery.

http://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/a-look-back-at-dodges-iconic-devil-car-the-demon/

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2017/01/full-1359-56184-dodgedemon.jpg

70 copo
01-16-2017, 12:50 PM
When I was a kid my family lived between two resort areas on a curve with a row of trees. Every summer there were a number of fatal crashes. Two stand out distinctly.

The first was a Dodge Demon that hit two trees so hard that it broke at the subframe and twisted at the frame rails like a candy wrapper. Driver was hanging out the rear window dead. They were running from the OHP at the time of the crash.

The other was a customized HD with an artistically painted Demon on the gas tank and the words &quot;till death do us part&quot; also painted. The bike also crashed the guys boots hit our front door rider ended up in the ditch and the gas tank landed by our Front patio killing the lawn as it tumbled. I watched that man die that night as my father tried in vain to stop the blood loss.

Not a fan for obvious reasons.

70 copo
01-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Car will feature Street Legal Nitto Drag Radials with Demon logo on its sidewall. The wheels all featuring a devil inspired pointed tail embossed into each rim.

camarojoe
01-27-2017, 04:15 AM
That's cool as hell. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

cook_dw
01-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Bringing back the Demon nameplate is cool and all but tying it to the challenger is kinda lame..

Survivor 69/Z28
01-27-2017, 05:44 PM
These Challengers are getting pretty dated IMO.
They were by far and away the best example of the old glory days in styling. But now I think the new mustangs are a home run. The new Camaros look a little better as of recent but overall I never give them a second look. Wish Chevy could do something better in the styling department.
New cars are getting FASTER and faster but they are still just an appliance with NO Soul like the old Musclecars.

Thomas
01-29-2017, 09:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Survivor 69/Z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
New cars are getting FASTER and faster but they are still just an appliance with NO Soul like the old Musclecars. </div></div>

We need a &quot;Like&quot; button for posts like this.

I could not agree more.
There is not a single new &quot;performance car&quot; that interests me.

seventieshow
01-29-2017, 10:19 PM
&quot;overall I never give them a second look. Wish Chevy could do something better in the styling department&quot;

&quot;still just an appliance&quot;

I'll jump in too. New cars are great but do little for me. My last new purchase was in 1999. Been shopping, just not interested. There is an impressive variety of late model performance cars out there, new and used, for those who want one.