PDA

View Full Version : Harrell performance shop

sYc
04-17-2000, 02:23 PM
This past Sunday, I had the pleasure of spending the day with Valerie Harrell Vanderwoude, Dick's Harrell'd daughter, and her husband Don. While there, the topic of Dick's old speed shop that he had in KC came up. They gave me directions and as I was leaving town, I went by it. Is is still standing and looks a lot like the pictures that I had seen. Of course, it is not used a speed shop now. It was kind of erie sitting there in front of the building and imagining what is was like around there in the "old days". That makes two of the old dealerships that I have visited, Dick's and Don Yenko's in Canonsburg. Kind of neat; Tom

restorer
04-23-2000, 02:31 PM
Glad to see there are others who like to see these dealerships where these cars came from. What is the Yenko dealership building used for now.

bkhpah
04-23-2000, 03:39 PM
Today the old building is subdivided into different smaller shops. The main part is a motorcycle place. The newer Yenko Chevrolet in McMurrey is now called Sun Chevrolet and looks about the same as the old days before Yenko sold out in 1981. The Canonsburg store looks about the same as well and if you look up at the main part of the building you can still see the shadows of YENKO on the front. It is not hard to imagine the excitment that was generated in the 60's and early 70's