PDA

View Full Version : L79, 1968 Chevelle Malibu

bowtie3168
06-07-2000, 04:29 PM
I thought that I might share some info that I just got on a interesting car that a friend of mine just purchased. The car is a 1968 Chevelle Malibu equipped with a L79 engine option. I thought that some "Super Car Reunion" fans might enjoy hearing about this unique piece. The car was originally sold in California and has a smog pump and some early emission controls. The Chevelle was rust-free and just needed a repaint of it's original color which was Matador Red. The car came with a black interior, AM radio, and a factory floor shifted four speed. Under the hood is a matching # L79-327ci-325hp. I thought that the car sounded neat, being a Malibu-non-Super-Sport. I am under the thought that you needed to have a "Big Block" in 1968 to get the Super-Sport option. The owner has all of the documentation and I am waiting to hear what dealer the car came from. Being (the car) from California, I am hoping that the car might be from Courtesy Chevrolet or from Dana Chevrolet. I will post further info if people a curious.
Thank you,
Andrew Hinckley