PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Survivors

69motion
07-27-2000, 06:04 PM
AS FAR AS YENKOS I BET THERE IS LESS THAN HALF LEFT THE OTHER HALF WERE DESTROYED OR HAVNT BEEN FOUND AS FAR AS B/M CAMAROS 67 TO69 IHEARD THERE WERE APROX 300 BUILT IF ANY ONE KNOWS FOR SURE ITS JOEL AND U CANT GET ANYTHING FROM HIM

NWYENKO
07-28-2000, 05:13 AM
Does anyone have an educated guess or even a gut feel of how many of the '69 Yenko Camaros and Chevelles are still in existence either in process of restoration,restored, or original? How many B/M '69 Camaros were built?

sixtiesmuscle
07-29-2000, 02:14 AM
As long as production numbers seem to be the topic of the day, here's something to get you thinking. I met with Jack Douglas recently and we got to talking about how many Yenkos and COPOs he sold. It seems some of the"COPOs" he sold have turned up being presented as Yenkos. He said very specifically that he had, with Don Yenko's knowledge, turned 28 COPOs into Yenkos. He had found out how to order the "double COPOs" and made a deal with Don to buy the stripe kits at $400. each to convert the cars himself as needed. The choice was up to the buyer, a COPO with rallys and hockey stick stripe. or the same car with Yenko stripes & badging for $400. more. In '69 that was alot of money for different stripes. Have any of these "Yenko" cars been included in Yenko figures? Has anyone bought a car presented as a Yenko that was really a COPO sold at Jack Douglas?

bkhpah
07-31-2000, 01:35 PM
Under the title Surviver for 1969 Camaro's that have original paint I can think of these numbers. 1 Daytona Yellow, 3 Huggar Orange, 2LeMans Blue, 2 Rallye Green, 1 Fathom green and 0 Olympic Gold. Eight cars of 198. There may be a few more that I don't know about. One Butternut Yellow 69 Yenko Chevelle of 99 built. One 69 Yenko Nova in Lemans Blue. I don't know any 67 or 68's with original paint. I can think of 1 Gobi Beige,
1 Cranberry Red, 2 Sunflower Yellow, and 1 Forest Green 70 Yenko Dueces. Not many for sure..
BKH

bkhpah
07-31-2000, 09:41 PM
Marlin and I know of a few Deuce owners that are original or very long term 20+ year owners. They seem to have stuck with their cars the longest. Their is a 1-owner 67 Yenko Camaro owner in Latrobe to this day. That one has about 7000 miles on it.

JoeC
08-01-2000, 05:05 AM
Brian, Do you know how many of the Yenko's are still held by the original owner? A resent magazine said only one but I know of two 69 Camaro one owner cars plus one where the original owner re-purchased his old 69 Yenko Camaro.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-01-2000, 06:41 PM
69motion: I am curious as to your 'educated guess' or 'gut feel' that there are less than half of the Yenko Cars left. Can you elaborate?

JoeC: At this time we have found 12 original owners of the '70 Yenko Novas, down from 14 just a few years ago. This 12 includes one car that was chased down and repurchased by it's original owner.

Three of the original owners are in PA, 2 are in IA, no other state has more than one original owner.

Only seven of the eight colors are in original owners hands, Huggar Orange has no original owners.

Eight of the original owner's cars are four speeds, 4 are automatics of which 3 are also equipped with power steering.

Marlin