PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Supercar Reunion

sYc
08-31-2000, 06:39 PM
Tentative plans for the 2001 Supercar Reunion have been set. We have made some changes for next year and hope that these changes reflex our committment to the future success of the event. The biggest change will be the location. The indoor portion of the show will be held at the Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL. Located on I-70, Collinsville is located only a few minutes East of downtown St. Louis, Lambert Airport and Gateway International Raceway. There are several hotels and eating places within walking distance from the center and the center has ample parking. The drag racing portion of the event will be held at Gateway International Raceway, one of the premeir tracks in the US. An area car club has expressed interest in being a part of the event and Gateway Int. is kicking around some things to do at the track to make the event special. All of this will take place on Labor Day weekend, 2001. As more details become available, we will let everyone know. Hopefully everyone will support and help us make the 4th event the best yet. Tom

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-31-2000, 06:47 PM
Tom:
Sounds great! I look forward to attending, and then maybe just going north to the Pure stock drags.
Marlin

sYc
08-31-2000, 07:09 PM
Marlin; Hope that everything works out where you are able to make the reunion and show your car. I look forward to seeing it. I am trying work it out where I can attend the Pure Stock Drags this year, as I have never been. We hope to have our Yenko Camaro there again, plus our LS-6 Chevelle. Even though we may never make it, our goal is to break the 13 second barrier with the Camaro, without changing it from factory stock trim. Tom

sixtiesmuscle
08-31-2000, 07:44 PM
Tom, that sounds terrific!!! By setting the dates early you give everyone a chance to plan. The location, and a larger market offer the opportunity for more attendees and spectators. With plenty of time to get the word out thru advertising and word of mouth it should be a big success. Personally, I think a larger attendance of both members and public doesn't have to lessen the intimacy, but should really enhance the event. Thanks and congrats. Mike

COPO
09-01-2000, 01:07 PM
Sounds GREAT! Already have it on the calendar.

09-01-2000, 03:12 PM
Sounds great to me! Will visit friends in that area that I have not seen for awhile. Date is marked........

09-04-2000, 03:36 AM
Tom, look forward to next years reunion I am sure us Iowans and others would be willing to help you and your staff in any way to help make the show even a bigger success. Please call on us as we know it is not a one person job. I am also suggesting that members help "sponsor" the show to help offset additional costs and create new activities. I know alot of the supercar members are in the auto business, and this could be a form of advertising for them.I will be the first to put my money where my mouth is. You have started the greatest car show on earth, and the only way that it will get better is by members involvement.

sYc
09-15-2000, 08:13 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts on the future of the supercar reunion and hope that everyone will make plans to attend the 2001 event. Together we can have the ultimate "supercar" event, which is what we all want. We here at the sYc would welcome any help, whether in money and/or manpower. Fell free to contact us with your ideas. Let us know what portion of the event you would like to help with. Let's make the 4th reunion the biggest and best "supercar " event ever. I know we can not wait until Labor Day, 2001. See you there! Tom and Rob

bkhpah
09-16-2000, 07:02 PM
Sounds good to us here in Latrobe. See you in 2001.
BKH

CamarosRus
09-18-2000, 05:48 AM
Tom, So that I may understand better, are you interested in attracting paying spectators, free spectators, or a participant only word of mouth event. If you want spectators (hopefully at a reasonable charge $$) I would like to suggest my ideas.
Also I would tentatively volunteer some specified time at the event to help wherever.
regards, chuck