PDA

View Full Version : YENKO TUNED decal?

bkhpah
09-03-2000, 11:13 PM
Has anyone ever seen a YENKO TUNED decal on a 1969 car that was without a doubt added by Yenko. I have never been able to document that decal being used by Yenko in 1969. I have original ones, but have never been able to determine their usage.

BKH

09-04-2000, 03:12 AM
Good question Brian. I ask the same question pertaining to the 1970 deuces. My car and another unrestored car did not have the yenko tuned decal anywhere. It possibly could have been that both cars are hurst cars,yet I dont beleive that the unrestored red deuce at the first reunion had the decals either. In fact my car did not have the Ys on the center caps of the wheels, just the magnum 500 decals. The horsepower rating on the aircleaner lid was also removed at time of conversion by a razor.We also discovered that the LT-1 decals on the hood are different also. The L slants both ways, with the hoodline, and against the hoodline.There must have been more than one supplier. It all seems insignificant, but these subtle differences between cars raises the question of correctness.

JoeC
09-04-2000, 11:52 AM
I have not seen the Yenko tuned decal in any original pictures of the Yenko SuperCars. This decal may have been used on customer cars that recieved a " Dyno-Tuning" on Yenko's chassis dynometer. This could have been any year, make, or model car that was brought to the shop. This was common in the 60's/70's for the shops who had chassis dynos. A local guy told me about having his 68 GTO dyno tuned at Motion Performance in 1969. They replaced plugs and points, recurved the distribitor, changed jets, made secondaries open earlier, etc.. The charge was about $75.00 and he got a cool little window sticker with the deal. He also said the car felt like it had a 50Hp increase but his fuel mileage with down severely.

bkhpah
09-04-2000, 12:52 PM
There are at least two types of YENKO TUNED decals. One with all block letters which I beleive is a early example and one with the Yenko crest and Canonsburg PA. The paperwork with my Yenko built race engine that was installed in my Yenko Camaro has notations about Yenko Dyno tuning but no decal on the car. I know that the Yenko tuned decals are available but have never seen a 100% certain installed at Yenko decal. People seem to add them because they are cool more than accurate.
BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-08-2000, 02:12 PM
Brian:
To my knowledge, none of the '70 Yenko Novas came with this sticker. There are several restored cars that have them on the wing windows or quarter glass, but I do not know if those cars came with them. Sorry, no help from the '70 Yenko Cars!
M