PDA

View Full Version : YENKO NOVA

will
10-27-2000, 09:00 PM
I have a line on a yenko nova but would like to get an idea of what to offer the car has sat behind a barn for 20 years Iam told it need major resto work (floor pans ,1/4's ect.)any help?

Chevy454
10-27-2000, 09:09 PM
It ALL depends on the year! The '69 Yenko Novas are rarer than their '70 small block brothers, and more valuable. But, they are both VERY desirable cars...GOOD LUCK!

will
10-27-2000, 09:16 PM
chevy454

can you tell me if I am looking at a few hundred, few thousand ,or tens of thousands .again just a ballpark !
thanks

COPO
10-27-2000, 10:19 PM
A restored '69 Yenko Nova might bring $70k++ , a 70 Yenko Nova "Duece" might bring mid $30's restored. If the car is in really poor shape a frame-off resto could easily run $30K+ unless you did it yourself. So you could be "upside" down with a '70 model. Which is almost always why from a pure financial perspective you are better off buying a restored car. That being said, I think you will find most of us in the hobby are not into it for a financial gain, just a true appreciation of these cars.

will
10-27-2000, 10:23 PM
thanks for giving me something to go by !!

Chevy454
10-27-2000, 10:44 PM
will:

Is it a '69 (big block car) or a '70 (small block car) Nova? Is any of the drivetrain there? How much of the car is original? Any paperwork?

We have only heard of a couple of '69 Yenko Novas that have sold, and they were in the ZL-1 Camaro range.

COPO
10-27-2000, 10:46 PM
I think that I would ask HIM what he wants for it and go from there. You might get lucky and get that "old Nova" for $500. Even a '70 Yenko Duece in poor shape might fetch $10k+ if all the parts were there. Marlin, chime in anytime.

johnk
10-28-2000, 02:21 AM
will,definetly check that vin number out!marlin is extremely helpful when it comes to the yenko novas in particular!i'm sure he would love to add another one to the list!alot of people on the bulletin board have a vast knowledge of information&are really nice about helping others out!!i've owned my 70 deuce close to 20yrs.&still can't believe another unknown fact seems to arise every time i log on!!!best of luck with the car!

will
10-30-2000, 11:20 AM
I checked out the line on the nova ,and found the house but the garage (barn)has burned down but no sign of the nova .I knocked on the door but didn't get an answer.
If anyone would like to try to track it down e-mail me and I will give you the location I had it is in centerville MD.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-30-2000, 01:27 PM
WILL;
Just read all the posts regarding this Nova. You need to get the VIN #, and the trim tag information. We can decipher it from there. There was a participating dealer in the Washington D.C. area called Lustine Chev, Hyattesville, MD, and Centreville is not that far away.

What makes you recall this car being a Yenko?
Marlin

restorer
10-30-2000, 03:54 PM
I wonder if this could be the same car that a friend of mine took me to see in '87. It was down around Centerville, it was sitting in front of a repair shop at the time, I thought it was red appeared to have all of the original decals kinda faded but it had a BB engine in it. It definitely appeared to have been an original Deuce. Wes

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-30-2000, 06:38 PM
Restorer;
Did you take any photos?? Do you recall if the car was a 4 speed or an automatic? Did the car have the body decals, or just he door panel ones?
M

restorer
10-30-2000, 07:19 PM
Marlin, sorry no pictures were taken, I had considered trying to buy it but no one was around and I had recently moved to Florida and was getting ready to leave to go back. Will is correct in what he has heard after it rattling around in the brain for a while it was orange with a black interior with all of the decals both inside and out I'm not sure that it wasn't a 4spd. He is also right about the repair shop it did seem like now it was an old gas station(it was definitely old then) its funny how small this world is I've been thinking about this car lately and was going to ask you if you've heard of one like this being in Southern Maryland but didn't know if there was any interest in a car that was seen 14 years ago. Wes

will
10-30-2000, 07:46 PM
restorer
it is odd isn't it , I just got plugged into the net on thursday and better yet I've never even seen a real yenko of any sort I just started reading about them in a camaro resto. book and got the fever (and my wife says I can't sell the house!!) ha!ha!.
will

MikeA
10-30-2000, 08:02 PM
Will,

You are right! Once you start seeing pictures and reading about Yenkos you want one. I am tring to learn as much as I can about Yenko Deuces so I can so identify a good car. I am also tring to figure out how to pay for one!!!

MikeA

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-30-2000, 08:28 PM
Restorer;
I am always interested in a Yenko Nova no matter how old the story is!! Maryland is one of those states that you hear stories about Yenko cars, but they never seem to pan out. I hope to find something there sometime!!
M

will
10-31-2000, 05:05 AM
marlin
I HAD JUST HEARD OF THIS NOVA FROM TWO DIFFERENT TRUCK DRIVERS DURING A BULL SESSION ,AND DECIDED TO CHECK INTO IT.AFTER ALL THATS HOW YOU FIND THEM! WES REFERS TO A REPAIR SHOP ,THIS COULD BE THE SAME PLACE HAS THIS GARAGE IS BESIDE THE HOUSE AND DOES LOOK LIKE AN OLD GAS STATION. I WAS TOLD THAT THE CAR WAS OGRANGE WITH WHITE STRIPES AND NEEDED TO BE TOTALLY RESTORED. IT COULD BE THE SAME CAR .THE GARAGE WAS RIGHT ON A SHRP BEND IN THE ROAD IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO YHE CAR I'D LIKE TO HEAR JUST FROM CURIOUSITY(?)
WILL

will
10-31-2000, 01:18 PM
marlin ,
if there is any thing I can do to help since I live on the eastern shore of M.D.maybe I could learn a little about these cars
will