PDA

View Full Version : 427 Camaro unrestored/original owner

whitetop
11-06-2000, 09:07 PM
Here are three pics of a 427 Copo Camaro still sitting in the original owners garage. Car was bought new at Huebner Chevrolet in Carrolton, Ohio. His wife was a teacher and drove the car to school in the early '70's. Car still has '76-'77 Ohio tags on it. They are still out their hidden away.
whitetop
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1314220&a=9759268&p=32516864

A69COPO2
11-06-2000, 09:32 PM
WOW!! Now that's what I'm talking about. Nice find. The Red Yenko Chevelle, I know of, here in KY., was nice, but wrecked, but seeing this COPO Camaro, as it was, just brings out the kid in me, like being in a candy store. Is this car, all original, with the drive tran, still in it? That for the PICs, looks great. MIKE

JoeC
11-06-2000, 10:33 PM
Nice Pics Dave - Thanks for posting!

whitetop
11-07-2000, 12:01 AM
I believe the owner said the car has the original engine and drivetrain. I do not think the engine was ever out of the car. The car has a lot of the original paint on it, it was spot painted in various areas.
Not sure of mileage, I think it may have been in the 50-60K range. I took these pictures 6-7 years ago. Nothing has been done to the car since.
whitetop

[Edited by whitetop (11-06-2000 at 07:01 PM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-07-2000, 01:52 PM
Whitetop;
They are super pic's!!
Thanks,
M

Peter
11-08-2000, 12:53 PM
Excellent pictures!! I could look at pictures of non restored original cars over restored trailer queens all day long. There is something about a untouched original to me that is fascinating, don't know why. Maybe its the rarity compared to restored cars

bkhpah
11-08-2000, 04:21 PM
Is that a Yenko/SC 427 decal on the fan shroud? It sure looks like it!
BKH

whitetop
11-08-2000, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure if that was a Yenko decal on the shroud. I took these pictures so long ago. I go by that garage every so often, Next time I will stop in. For those of you that followed the "Yenko in Eastern Ohio for $3500" thread, guess what?? This car resides about 4 miles from Bellaire, Ohio. If you guys knew what resides(unrestored, unused) in garages in my area your heads would collectively spin. Most are owned by ex coal-steel employees that left the area years ago to find jobs in other areas. The cars wound up in their parents garage etc. I'm going to make a wager that there were more musclecars bought, per capita, in the Eastern Ohio-Pittsburgh PA area than in any other area in the country. Why? The proliferation of high paying jobs in the King coal & steel industry in the '60's & '70's along the Ohio river valley. Within 2 miles of the above garage sits the original Rod Shop '71 Hemi Dodge Charger Super Stock (in original RW&B paint, engine, etc) and the Rod Shop Dodge Colt station wagon(no engine). The guy that owns the Charger has Hemi's stacked up like cordwood. All from cars in my area that he bought years ago and parted out. I can go on and on.
Brian H. can attest to the amount of cars in the Ohio Valley area (I'm including Pittsburgh). These cars maybe no longer in this area or were destroyed or stolen etc. But what I mean is the sheer volumne of cars that originally came from this area. I have more pics, lots of pics, that I could post but most are Brand X etc.
whitetop

Wacky174
11-09-2000, 12:24 AM
Im new to this site but have been browsing through alot. I really dig the members stories, and the mass of info. Bring on the pic's.... Love to see more...

bkhpah
11-09-2000, 01:49 AM
Whitetop, If you move about 80 miles east to the Johnstown PA area, that was a hot bed for rare musclecars as well. Most young guys worked the coal mines and bought up some serious iron. A ton of Hemi stuff and a few Yenko's. If you followed Muscle Car Review in the late 80's when Greg Rager was on the staff a good may feature cars of the time came out of that area. Brand X is fine with me Dave....
BKH
BKH

Horseman
11-09-2000, 02:09 AM
Great pics, That just goes to show you that they are out there.

MikeA
11-09-2000, 04:59 PM
I like the pics and stories, keep them comming.
I was talking to this guy about yenkos, etc and he said he would start looking (because I'm looking for a Yenko Deuce) in the area around Pittsburg, PA because there seems to be a lot of muscle cars in that area. I guess it is true. The explaination on why sounds reasonable.
MikeA