PDA

View Full Version : I got a question

modifyed
12-21-2000, 09:48 PM
When I was younger I remember a 1969 Camaro conv. that was very well maintained. It was dark green with two white stripes on the hood and deck lid. It also had white stripes on the front fenders . The car also had a 454 according to what the side badges and air cleaner emblem said. It was definitly a big block. I have seen this car on a weekly basis from 1975 until 1990. The owner worked at a speciality machine shop with a fenced in parking lot and security so I was never able to approach the owner to ask Him/Her about the car in detail. However I did see under the hood at the local auto parts store ( Thats where I saw the 454 lables on the air cleaner.... I had to pry through the crowd... no B.S. ... It was super clean)

Now for my questions
1) Could this be some kind of a speciality Camaro (Baldwin, ect) being a convertable?
2) Could you get a 454 in 1969 Conv. Camaro or is it a fake of some type?

I have mainly worked on Mopars and I am not one sided as to where I would fail to recoginise the greatness of such cars as Baldwin-Motions, Yenko`s, Royal Bobcat GTO`s and Holman & Moody Cars in the name of "Mopar ( or any other brand) Pride" Seeing the possible value of this car as a collectors item I would rely on people such as your self to guide me in my quest for such knowledge.

P.S. It was located in the New England states... Could this increse the possibility of it being a Motion car?

bzman
12-29-2000, 01:18 AM
i noticed your question received no reply. not to worry though cause iv'e asked what i thought were easily answered questions by the so-called experts who read these questions only to go unanswered. it's either lack of real knowlege by the so-called experts or your question doesn't measure up to their standards. i could take a guess at your question. possible motion car? who knows? i do know that no camaro, copo or otherwise had a 454 in it. I knew tons of guys transplanting big motors into camaros in the 70's and even more who added the badges without the motor. maybe somebody liked the disco looking motion paint job and copied it. in anycase, just ask around. usually people remember cars like that and might even steer you to who owns it now. usually the old drag racers remember cars like these and can provide you with name leads. good luck.

sixtiesmuscle
12-29-2000, 01:31 AM
OUCH!

Belair62
12-29-2000, 02:53 AM
I would imagine the Holidays may have slowed down some of the answers to the board posts bzman. By the way,I looked up your posts and it seemed your question about the ZL-1 did get a reasonable response. That was the only question you asked really.I haven't needed any info yet but i'm sure when I do ,responses will be forthcoming. There is a bit of entertainment value here too as well as information. Can't always be serious !!! Lighten up.

sixtiesmuscle
12-29-2000, 03:44 AM
Well said Bob. Can't we all just get along?

Charley Lillard
12-29-2000, 03:51 AM
NO, lets fight and throw Stones ! Bob , you still have that ugly fake 62 BelAir ? Mike, you have one also ? Is it as Ugly as Bob's ?Modifyed... There was no 454 until 1970. It was 427 through 69.

sixtiesmuscle
12-29-2000, 03:58 AM
No, mine is not as ugly as Bob's! It's red and from California, so, it must be better. I read that in a magazine, so, it must be true.

Charley Lillard
12-29-2000, 04:00 AM
All of our stuff in Ca. is Fake, especially 62 BelAirs. We get rid of them because they have funny Bumpers.

sixtiesmuscle
12-29-2000, 04:09 AM
Yeah, I know. I traded those away.I was told by a '62 expert that the NOS repops were made wrong[one piece instead of three] but he traded me some rusty ones from Wisconsin that I had redone. What a guy. Not all experts are bad!

JoeC
12-29-2000, 01:35 PM
There was a 1969 Baldwin/Motion Camaro under restoration on the Speedvision program called Fantasy Garage. It is a Daytona Yellow 4sp car with a 454. The owner had documentation and stated that Joel R. told him that Motion did build some 454 1969 Camaros. Since the 69 Camaro ran late he used the 454 as it became available if that is what the customer ordered. I have not heard of any convertible Motion 69 Camaros. Since the post drifted to 1962 Belairs, I thought I would add a link to a interesting web pic of Dyno Don and Strickler.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=80368&a=4263304&p=19161398

sixtiesmuscle
12-29-2000, 01:44 PM
Nice goin' Charley. Are '62 Belair '09-'09s considered "Supercars" ? Maybe by us fosils, but, we should save that for off this site.

Charley Lillard
12-29-2000, 02:39 PM
Maybe you and Bob can start a Fossil car Web site. Talk about how big those bench seats are, etc. Thanks for the correction on the 454 427 question Joe.

YenkoYS100
12-29-2000, 03:10 PM
snif,snif, I really miss my '62 BelAir.

Rick

[Edited by YenkoYS100 (12-29-2000 at 10:10 AM).]

Belair62
12-29-2000, 07:35 PM
Stop this all of you..lets get serious....Charley,Mike it's obvious neither of you know ANYTHING about 62 Belairs...which means you now qualify to judge the BIG Supercars at next years Vettefest....YS100...I can tell you have a lot of class..must not be a native Californian !! Happy New Year all....

Z28DZ
12-29-2000, 10:58 PM
Speaking of '62 Belairs --

http://www.barrettjackson.com/onlineauctions/bid/CarDetail.asp?CarID=16504

Is it real if it's from WA?!

Charley Lillard
12-30-2000, 12:23 AM
I think the same guy that Restored that one must have done Bob's also. Quality looks Identical.

Belair62
12-30-2000, 02:08 AM
I'm gonna let that one slide Clill....you must not have had your bi-focals on !!!I have to admit I have a soft spot for those BIG cars. JoeC nice pics.I never saw that shot. If it wasn't for the success of the old behemoths we may never have had Yenko's,Nickeys,Dana,B/M,Mr. Norms,etc. etc.

Charley Lillard
12-30-2000, 02:39 AM
If I Rag on it enough maybe you won't like it anymore. Then you can give it to me.

bzman
12-31-2000, 03:06 PM
no better way to get a conversation going but to fire ammo. i have ask questions under another username that went unanswered. the zl-1 question i was searching more for a car history than the copo connection source book answer. i like to hear stories of how the car was found in a barn etc....and i like to stir the pot and yes, alot of questions go unanswered at this site. best wishes, bzman

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-02-2001, 06:50 PM
bzman;
Please take your 'ammo' to another site, maybe the '5.0' site where they appreciate that kind of stuff. This site is for the serious enthusiasts, and we don't need your opinion on 'experts' or their 'responses'.
Thanks,
M

bowtie3168
01-02-2001, 08:02 PM
Hey Guys,
The "Old Reliable" '62 (by the way there were at least two '62s) car was on display at the "York US 30 Reunion" last fall. For those of you that are interested, Larry (who owns it now) bought it at a swap meet in the early 80's (in Ohio)and Dave (Strickler) helped him authenticate it(over the phone) through describing the numbers that were actually still on the keys! Dave passed away not long after that while mowing his lawn (heart attack).

bzman
01-04-2001, 12:03 AM
i am sorry. i did'nt know i wasn't an enthusist. i will remove my name from the site immediantly.

Belair62
01-04-2001, 02:04 AM
Don't leave...as a matter of fact if you think about it....you DID answer Modifyeds question so there was no need to attack anyone and thats what everyone is here for. If we have an answer..post it...no need to wait for someone else to answer.I think the harsh comments you gave weren't necessary.You probably know stuff that others don't and vice-versa...stick around.

sixtiesmuscle
01-04-2001, 12:36 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but, if all you registered for was to "throw ammo & stir the pot", then leave. If you want to ask reasonably intelligent, somewhat informed questions and share what you may know , then stick around. The point is that most people on this site are not entertained or amused by the juvenile babble and profanity on some other sites. That doesn't make everyone self appointed experts, just seious enthusiasts. If you fit, don't quit.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-04-2001, 12:52 PM
bzman;
No need to leave, just keep it nice!!
M

bowtie3168
01-04-2001, 04:10 PM
bzman,
We are all buds. We all share a love for our hobby. Stick around, no need to go.

Andrew