PDA

View Full Version : Style trim on 69 yenkos

Yenkofan
12-24-2000, 03:27 PM
I was looking at the 2000 reunion photos and noticed that style trim was present on Brian Henderson's yellow car. Was that added or were there any 69 Yenko's that came with style trim? I thought there was not.
Gary

bkhpah
12-24-2000, 06:44 PM
This Yenko was one of the first cars at Yenko and was an X66 car with the black tail panel, black rockers, trim on the tail lights and quarter trim. The pictures that I have on the car from 1969/70 clearly show the wheel lip mouldings. I do not know if it was installed at Yenko or it was a factory mistake. It has always been there. Also the vinyl top was installed at Yenko by Regency trim of Canonsburg,PA. It was ordered by the original owner. Yenko used 68' trim to do the job. It is a very unique look. The car still has it's original paint,interior,trim etc and has 7200 miles. This car was highly modified by Yenko and was still having things done to it untill the end of Yenko Chevrolet in 1981. It has a competition built 427 motor, special shifter, steering wheel,transmission,driveshaft,and a host of other speed equippment all sold and installed by Yenko. I have all the invoices for all the custom work.... BKH

Yenkofan
12-25-2000, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the info Brian...the car sure does look nice.
Gary

Peter
01-02-2001, 06:39 PM
Couldn't the wheel lip moulding question still be answered? If they were installed at the factory the holes should be punched into the fenders and quarters. If Yenko installed them I would assume they would just drill the holes for the chrome instead of trying to make it look factory by stamping the holes which look different. This is of course if the car still has factory sheetmetal and I knew what I was talking about!