PDA

View Full Version : documenting original mileage

rustyhale
01-21-2001, 11:01 PM
I have just inherited a 1969 Baldwin-Motion Phase III Camaro from my grandfathers estate, he bought it new in 1969. All the paperwork and emblems are there, it has 17493.7 miles showing and I think this is the correct mileage, it was last inspected in 1981 and the inspection showed 15891 miles. I have not verified the car throught Joel yet, I have the original window sticker,invoice,bill of sale and title, so I know it is the real deal. Any info on this car would be helpful because I not know a lot about these particular cars since Joel keeps them shrouded in mystery, here is a description of the car:

Color http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/blush.giflympic Gold,White stripe
Interior:Black houndstooth/rosewood wheel, complete gauge pack
Suspension:4.10,with traction bars
Exterior:L-88 hood,big wing,Enduro Bumper, motion emlems on fenders and trunk, 427 emblems on the hood, original paint(in fair to poor condition),sidepipes, and Torque Thrust wheels

My car does not have a curved outlet on the radiator like the big block camaros did, and I noticed that Otis Chandlers does not either, has the radiator been replaced, and I have been told that these cars are not worth nearly what a Yenko Camaro is because they were an engine transplant instead of a COPO. I can't tell what the value of this car is by looking at Hemmings because I have never seen one in there for sale. I want to document the mileage because I intend to freshen the car up and drive it, any help/suggestions/comments would be greatly apprecitated.