PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle All G.M. Show June 29th-June2nd???

CamarosRus
05-31-2001, 03:55 PM
I'm interested in determining how many "Supercars" will be attending this new Carlisle event......or does the venue, lack of adequate covered/indoor display space discourage you from participating....Thanks, Chuck Sharin/Seattle http://www.geocities.com/camaroshow/

Jeff H
06-01-2001, 12:28 PM
I think the Camaros at Carlisle is part of the All GM Carlisle weekend. They're also supposed to introduce the 35th Anniversary SS. I just hope it doesn't rain like last year. I can't say I have a "supercar", but my supercharged 93 Indy Pace Pace Car will run in the 12's so it's no slouch. I plan on being there.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-01-2001, 04:55 PM
There are 'supposed' to be 4 '70 Yenko Novas at this show. However, due to the inside show entrants getting bumped, one of 4 will probably not be able to make it. One of the 4 will be a Huggar Orange car with white stripes, I will take some photos.
M

bkhpah
06-04-2001, 12:25 PM
I was at Ford Carlisle Saturday and it was a very large show. Since GM Carlisle is a new show I cannot tell you what Friday will be like. I can tell you this. All indoor cars have to be there Thursday. That would include all 6 of Holubs 69 Camaros. I also know of 2 Yenko Dueces indoor and Joes 68 Harrell Chevelle along with a Yenko Chevelle. My friends are taking along 3 69 Yenko Camaros my dad is bring his 81 Yenko Turbo Z and I am taking my 69 Yenko Camaro. Marlin is bringing his Deuce out for the first time. I know of a few COPO Camaros that are attending. Tom Shaw from MCR will be there to shot feature cars and show coverage. Myself and Marlin are doing a seminar both Friday and Saturday on the Yenko Camaros and Novas. Please check out the seminar. I think this will be a huge event...BKH

MikeA
06-04-2001, 01:25 PM
BKH:

I plan to attend the seminar. What time is it on Friday?
Is your Yenko Camaro and Marlin's Deuce going to be inside or outside?

Mike

[Edited by MikeA (06-04-2001 at 08:25 AM).]

bowtie3168
06-04-2001, 01:50 PM
I am going to get a list on Tues from the folks at Carlisle.

Andrew http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-04-2001, 02:46 PM
MikeA;
I was told that our seminar will be at 3 on Friday and Saturday, and will be in the small building by Gate #1 & #2. Brian and I will each have our cars inside the building for the seminar, I'm hoping for some nice weather and a good turnout.
M

bkhpah
06-04-2001, 02:55 PM
As of yet I am uncertain of a definite time for the seminars. I was told 1:00 Friday and 2:00 Saturday. This will likley change as the show draws closer. I talked to the Carlisle staff Saturday and they told me it would be official soon, before show flyers were printed for the gate...BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-04-2001, 08:19 PM
I guess I will do the seminar when they tell me too, no hecklers in the audience please!! (especially Dave Belk!)
M

COPO PETE
06-04-2001, 10:12 PM
Marlin and Brian...the best of the best. Should be interesting. Sorry I can't make it to listen. Now if we could only get other mags to consult you guys,we would really have something!
Peter

06-05-2001, 12:45 AM
MARLIN, I HAVE ALREADY ARRANGED FOR A COUPLE OF GUYS TO BE AT CARLISLE TO CORNER YOU ON SOME TOUGH AND IRRELEVANT QUESTIONS. SAMPLE: DOES DEUCE STAND FOR TWO SEATER, OR TWO BARREL?

MikeA
06-05-2001, 01:17 AM
My brother went to the Ford show at Carlisle on Friday June 2nd and he said that there were not too many cars on display.

I plan to go to the All-GM show on Friday June 29th and I would like to see the Yenkos/COPO cars. I want to make sure I see all of the Supercars so is Friday a good day to go or is Sat/Sun better?

[Edited by MikeA (06-04-2001 at 06:44 AM).]

[Edited by MikeA (06-04-2001 at 08:17 PM).]

CamarosRus
06-08-2001, 07:29 PM
Subj: Carlisle Update
Date: 6/7/01 8:07:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time
To: [email protected] (CamarosRus)

As of today - June 7th - we have 201 Camaros preregistered - not counting
the 5 or 6 Camaros that are on the Legends Tour. We are still getting
several calls a day; and we extended the preregistration cut off date to
june 15th. the crystal ball sees well over 300 Camaros!!!!!

I met today with Holly Bedsole from GM. We toured the grounds with Lisa
from Carlisle, and laid out the plan for all the GM Tours and Cars that are
being shipped in.

WOW

This is going to be great.....GM is bringing over 25 cars of the various
nameplates, plus the Legends Tour, Legends Tour II, Resto Parts Tour, Perf.
Parts Tour, Licensed Wear Tour....... you get the idea.

22 Days until the Unveiling.
--
---
Karl Scheffy <[email protected]>
American Camaro Association

MikeA
06-12-2001, 04:41 PM
Marlin and Brian:

Did you guys get a confirmation on the time of your seminars on Friday, June 29th?

MikeA

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-12-2001, 06:56 PM
MikeA;
I did not receive confirmation on the seminar time, but I did receive my show car and trailer parking confirmation tickets. Brian mentioned that they will not actually decide on the seminar time until they print the programs a few days before. The show staff wants to make sure that various events don't overlap throughout the day, and as the popularity of this show has grown more events have been added. I can only imagine what a logistics nightmare this must be for Carlisle Productions, but they are the pros!!
M

bowtie3168
06-13-2001, 06:23 PM
I had promised in a previous post that I was going to list the cars in the Yenko display. I placed a call today June 13, 2001 and I am waiting to get a return phone call. As soon as I get it I will post the info.

Andrew

bowtie3168
06-13-2001, 07:47 PM
I just recieved a fax from Lisa (the promoter of the Carlisle All GM Nationals) here is what was sent to me EXACTLY AS PRINTED!

Andrew Hinckley
Super Car Reunion Member

I made a quick list-I am sure that I left something out but this should get your interest.

Carlisle All-GM Nationals
June 29-July 1
Carlisle Pa Fairgrounds

Private
Three 1963 Impala Z11s owned by Don Fezell
Six Yenko Camaros-one each of all the 6 COPO colors
1970 Chevelle "Red Alert" National Record Holder
1967 Camaro "Grumpy's Toy. Coming from Missouri
1970 Yenko 427 Deuce Nova one of 176 produced
1969 Yenko 427 Chevelle one of 99 produced
1968 427 Chevelle one of 5 produced
1970 Yenko Duece Nova

Private collector-of COPO material will be on display

Brian Henderson will be doing a seminar on Yenko History

Daytona 24-hour Corvette Pace Car
Corvette C5R Race Car
'67 Camaro ZL-1
Drag Camaro
'67,'82,'92&'96 Camaro Indy Pace Car
35th Anniversary Camaro, Coupe and Convertible

Concept Vehicles
Buick Lacrosse
1999 Pontiac GTO
1959 Cadillac Cyclone
1979 Pontiac Trans AM K Wagon

I know that there are some misprints but that is how I got it. I know that Marlin Spotts will be there for instance and that Chevy's new SSR will be there as well.

Charley Lillard
06-13-2001, 08:37 PM
My friend Warren has my old Burgundy 69 L78 Camaro convert. It is being restored by Bob Harris. Warren plans on picking it up and having it at Camaro Superfest in Mi. and at Carlisle. If you see him Kick him for me. He also bought my 71 LS6 Vette so kick him twice.

COPO
06-13-2001, 10:14 PM
OK Charley, just how many L-78 Camaro Conv. have you owned? I've got one of your L-78 conv. cast-off's as well.

Charley Lillard
06-14-2001, 02:56 AM
Ha ! 3 Total. The third one was a Butternut Yellow 68. The Bugundy one was my Baby for years.It won Best First Gen Camaro, best convert, and best engine at the Muscle cars Nats out here in 1990. Was on the Cover of Jan. 1990 Muscle car Review. And at the time I was convinced by someone that it should have a Silver Grill. Arrgh. So on the Mag cover, the Muscle car card in numerous books and even in the Classic Industries catalog it has a Silver grill. If you look up 69 SS Stencil kit you will see the car. It should look alot better now. car has great paperwork also.

JoeC
06-14-2001, 06:12 PM
I was looking at the web page for this show and it sounds like it will be a great one. Along with having SuperCars, the Guests include Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins and Bruce Larson and it appears that some of their race cars will be there also. here is the link
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/gm2001/gm_home.htm

[Edited by JoeC (06-14-2001 at 01:12 PM).]

Joe
06-15-2001, 03:51 PM
I think the show will be a blast . I can't wait . With so many rare cars going to be there , Awesome ! but Carlisle does need to make bigger indoor space for more of the high end cars for all the shows.

tom406
06-18-2001, 04:31 PM
I see the "1970 427 Yenko Deuce Nova" listed in the Carlisle itinerary. I got a call at our dealership from the owner of this car in regards to its value (he saw our listing of NWYenko's consigned Red Deuce). At least I assume its the guy, since there can't be two guys living in Pennsylvania claiming to have big block Deuces. He sounds earnest and claims to have had the car since he was a kid. He also claims to have all the documentation (window sticker from Yenko Chevrolet, build sheet, protectoplate, etc.) and spoke to the original owner. Though it all sounds too wierd to be for real, somebody needs to track this guy down at the show and see what he's really got for documentation. I'm very curious......

Chevy454
06-18-2001, 04:43 PM
I thought the '70 427 Duece and the '67 ZL-1 Camaro were misprints...anyone know these cars/owners or if these are the "real deals"? Or is it simply a "misprint"?

JoeC
06-18-2001, 07:39 PM
Bill Jenkins won the first ever Pro Stock race in 1970 driving a 1968 Camaro with an Alu big block Chevy that was called a ZL1 but some say it was the 430 Cam Am block. They mention this car in the guest write up on Jenkins and it is listed with the other racing cars as a 1967 ZL1 Drag car but I do not know if this is the car that will be at the show. http://www.mlodeent.com/OLDDRAG/grumpy1.jpg

tom406
06-18-2001, 08:19 PM
Well, just to add a little more spice to this story, this fellow with the big block '70 Nova with Deuce striping also says his brother owns a '68 Camaro that still sports the "Grumpy's Toy" lettering. Says he bought it 20 years ago out of California. This is where I started to feel a hook in my mouth, but if he's bringing his Nova, maybe his brother is bringing this '68 Camaro, maybe even with a Can Am/ersatz ZL-1 engine. If this all pans out I want a full report from one of you East Coast guys. All these years of b.s. stories I've endured could be vindicated by one REAL whale-tale of a story.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-19-2001, 05:22 AM
I also thought these listings were misprints, I can't speak for the ZL1, but the 427 '70 Yenko Nova is a 'maybe'.

There are 6 Gobi Beige '70 Yenko Novas found to my knowledge, 4 are in PA. One of these 4 is a second owner, 4speed, p/s, DEMO car that the current owner purchased by taking over the payments from the original owner. This second owner blew the original LT1, and traded it even up for a 427 engine which he then installed in his Deuce. This particular car is painted black, and the stripes are painted on in silver, with red pinstripes. I would be surprised if this is the same car that TOM406 is referring to, but it's possible.
Marlin

bkhpah
06-25-2001, 11:55 AM
Who,s going to GM Carisle the weekend? I think if the weather is good, it will be great. That is the bonus about the Super Car Reunion. The indoor show will happen with or without rain...BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-25-2001, 01:10 PM
If I can get off work on Friday, I'll be there, (hopefully, not a problem!). Otherwise, I will definitely be there Sat.& Sunday with the bride.

The Nova has stripes, (thanks, Brian!!), so now if I can get the truck hitch installed and brake controller working I will be in good shape. I even drove it up a back street late Sat. night to make sure I had second and third gears working properly. No tags or insurance yet, so no daytime drives, (or burnouts, yet!).
Marlin

bowtie3168
06-25-2001, 01:19 PM
Hey Guys,
Please post if you are going and which days. I can take off from the track on friday or sat. I will choose which day by the response that is posted.

bkhpah
06-25-2001, 04:49 PM
We will be there from Thursday on. Saturday will be the big day if I had to guess...BKH

JoeC
06-25-2001, 06:59 PM
I may go on fri and sat. but I haven't tried to get a room yet. Any recommendations on hotels?

COPO
06-25-2001, 10:37 PM
I still need to book my flight, but I'm going to try and be there on Saturday. Someone needs to heckle Professor Henderson and Spotts.

sYc
06-26-2001, 02:22 AM
Grumpy's 1968 Camaro was sold to the Kimbal brothers in KC when Grumpy moved on to his '69 Camaro. They raced all over the US, one year winning more money than any other race team, including top fuel cars. The car was sold after one of the brothers was killed in a accident, I believe at a race track. A few years ago, the remaining brother located the car and had it restored back to its Grumpy days. He still lives in the KC area. I know this information, (much is in print) as I tried to get the car to attend one of the supercar reunions in Springfield, but he will not show the car unless he gets appearance money. Tom

copo69
06-26-2001, 02:59 AM
Hopefully we'll be there Fri. eve and Sat. to spectate. I, too, don't have a room reserved. Any suggestions? Any plans for any of us to meet?

bkhpah
06-26-2001, 03:06 AM
Times for the Yenko Seminar are Friday at 3:00 and Saturday at 1:30. It will be in building R located near the main entrance. There will be as test. Looking forward to seeing everyone. ...BKH

[Edited by bkhpah (06-25-2001 at 10:06 PM).]

JoeC
06-26-2001, 03:10 AM
It is worth the trip to the show just to see Grumpy with his old drag car. Jenkins was getting back door support from Chevy engineering so I wonder how early he got a ZL1 block to play with. I would guess it was sometime in 1968. Bill used that 68 Camaro in the first Pro Stock race but that was in 1970. He had some very quick match race cars before that and he had a 69 Camaro Super Stock running a ZL1 although it was not a factory ZL1. I have a race report where Grumpy's 69 ZL1 powered Camaro failed tech inspection because he could not prove 50 ZL1's were sold by the factory. They did not let him race it that day so it must have been late 68 since Fred Gibb raced his in early 1969. Grumpy may have had the first ZL1 powered Camaro drag car.

Mr70
06-26-2001, 03:27 AM
BKH
Is this test Multiple choice or Essay?
I may be busy that day.My dog ate my homework.

[Edited by mr70 (06-25-2001 at 10:27 PM).]

CamarosRus
06-26-2001, 04:43 AM
Lodging (Closeby) at this point may be a problem....The Camaro organization hosting/judging the event "Had" rooms blocked out at the Carlisle/Clarion hotel...Have no idea what current status is.
www.visithhc.com/mem-acc.html has a lodging directory. I MAY have a room available Fri& Sat to release to somebody but wont know until middle of this week.....contact me with your interest ASAP....I'll be on the grounds Friday morning, Flying into Harrisburg 8:30 am....regards to all Chuck Sharin/Seattle

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-26-2001, 05:34 AM
I would also think that Saturday would be the big day. I have not heard much about non-supercar attendance, much less non-Chev. attendance. I know that the Camaro club and the Nova club are having their respective shows within this event, so that will be good.

I am not sure about the swap meet section, I know several normal Spring/Fall Carlisle vendors are attending, but only to buy stuff for their EBAY auctions.

Personally, I plan to have a good time no matter what happens, I'm burned out working on this old bucket-o-bolts!! I'm going to relax at this show, and look for Waldo (aka Dave Belk!)
M

Kurt S
06-27-2001, 02:31 AM
Since I have some 'free time' (aka collecting unemployment http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif ), looks like I'm making the trip from Michigan. I'll visit 'sis and the folks on the way.
I'll also be at the Domino show (only 6 miles from my house).

My experience is that if you go out of town for a ways, there will be rooms available. I'm lucky, I have a good friend in Carlisle. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

COPO
06-28-2001, 01:59 AM
Booked my flights, will see everyone on Sat.

Charley Lillard
06-28-2001, 02:38 AM
This Sucks....I wanna go..... Whaaaaaaaaa.

Belair62
06-28-2001, 04:01 AM
Well Charley break out some of your Communion money and go !That money gets moldy after all those years under your matress...saw your old 68 L78 again tonight...steered as far away from it as I could...wasn't up for the conversation....

MikeA
06-28-2001, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to the show and seeing everyone. Hopefully, the weather will be nice!

MikeA

Jeff H
06-28-2001, 12:09 PM
I'll be there Saturday morning with my 93 Pace Car. I'll be looking at all the first gen cars though. Does anyone have the final schedule for the different seminars?

Charley Lillard
06-28-2001, 01:51 PM
Well Bob, I need that money to get my Tooth polished. You guys just be sure to kick Warren for me. And can someone take a Digital pic of Warrens car and Email it to me ?

CamarosRus
07-02-2001, 12:19 AM
Sunday afternoon (Seattle time) and I just returned (flew home) from Carlisle.....I'm sure many others will elaborate....but all and all I thought it was a great show...cudos to BKH and all his "Supercar" boys for putting on the Yenko Seminar along with Marlin doing his portion on the Dueces....If only everybody could have HEARD Brian's uncapped Yenko when he fired it up and the SMILING faces in that building....My oh my !!!!!!.......A bunch of us got together Fri night for dinner and a lot of laughs were had by all.....Joe's Harrell Chevlle was a featured car in the "T" bldg...
etc,etc.......Thanks to all....Chuck Sharin/seattle

JoeC
07-02-2001, 02:06 PM
There was a lot to see at the show. Grumpy's Toy 67 Camaro, 3 Z-11s, 1959 Cadillac Cyclone, Bruce Larson Funny Car, Red Alert LS6 Drag Car, Gary's Yenko Row, Joe's Dick Harrell 427 Chevelle, Yenko Camaros, Yenko Deuce's, Yenko Chevelle, Yenko Stinger #002, 81 Yenko Turbo Z, talked to Bill Jenkins, Brain and Marlin did a nice job on the Yenko history seminar, saw some nice cars outside, met some of the guys from this site, swap meet, watched Camaro judging, almost got sick at a restaurant, many other things, I had a great time. here are a few pics
http://hometown.aol.com/jjcczz/page5.html

bowtie3168
07-02-2001, 03:21 PM
I think that Joe's post said it best. The show was FUN! Brian did a great job with his seminar! I really enjoyed seeing the debut of Marlin's Nova! Joe S' Harrell Chevelle was a "knock your socks off" winner! It was very nice to see many members of the club there. The show was a real winner! I hope that maybe Raceway Park can see this success and breathe some life back their specialty muscle car shows. I am looking foward to the Super Car Reunion this year. The big shows are fun, but, nothing could replace the enjoyment and cameraderie that we experience at the reunion.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-02-2001, 08:50 PM
I had a nice time at the GM@Carlisle show as well, it was a new feeling to attend a show with a car! I will have to get used to the attention given to Yenko cars, I'm usually the quiet one poking around under the cars, and not the one answering questions. Many people appeared more amazed with my enlarged 'car-in-field' photo displayed under the hood than with the car, it was funny watching their faces and answering 'yes' when they asked if this was the same car!

It was exceptionally enjoyable to meet several people from this site that I had only emailed or responded to up to now. MikeA and his brother from New Jersey, Bowtie90210(?) from the Old Bridge Raceway, JoeC from up the coast, KurtS was their taking some notes, CamaroRus all the way from the west coast, fellow deuce owners that I had never met; Todd from Rochester, Andy from Syracuse, George from Erie, other deuce owner friends from Prattsburg, NY, Don from Dubois, PA, Gary Holub and crew, and it was especially nice to meet the exhaust gurus - Tom and Eric Gardner, who looked at my installation effort and gave the thumbs up. Lots of other friends and contacts were always passing by throughout the 3 days.

I left a little early, but had the Yenko Nova back home and tucked away in the garage about 1/2 hour before mother nature dumped 1.5 inches of rain on us! Not good weather to get trapped in for a first timer towing a car with a borrowed truck.

Nice show, good cars, great people!!
Marlin

tom406
07-03-2001, 01:02 AM
So did the Deuce striped 427 car show? Was there Yenko paperwork with it? And what's the low down on the Grumpy's Toy Camaro that was there? Enquiring minds want to know!

bkhpah
07-03-2001, 12:43 PM
The total for Supercars at Carlisle are as follows. 1-81 Yenko Turbo Z, 9-427 69 Yenko Camaros, 1-69 COPO Camaro, 1-427 Yenko Chevelle, 1-68 427 Harrell Chevelle, 3-70 Yenko Deuces, 1-66 Stinger Corvair race car. Rare drag cars include 3-63 Z11 Impalas and Grumpys Vega and 67 Camaro. The 67 Camaro is still owned by the man that bought it from Jenkins in 68. As for a mystery 427 Yenko Nova, it is still just that. The seminars went well with @ 100 people on Friday and maybe twice that Saturday. The "R" building was a very popular spot. The seminar room was full through out the day. Over all it was a very good show...BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-03-2001, 02:35 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/yenko/70gbyenkocarlisl.jpg

We'll try this boomspeed.com site for pics!
M

Jeff H
07-03-2001, 02:50 PM
Don't forget the 69 Z28 TransAm car from Canada that Don Wattie brought down. I talked to him for a while about it. He's a really great guy to talk to.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-03-2001, 02:56 PM
Here is the Huggar Orange, a/t, p/s, Yenko Nova that was at the show. Car is originally out of Bresee Chev. in Syracuse, NY, now in Erie, PA.
http://www.boomspeed.com/yenko/70hoyenkocarlisl.jpg

Here is the Yenko Nova that could not make down to the show due to work scheduling conflicts. Forest Green, 4 speed car originally out of Lustine Chev. in Hyattsville, MD.
http://www.boomspeed.com/yenko/70fgyNneals.jpg
Marlin

NC Guy
07-04-2001, 12:07 PM
Couldn't make the Carlisle event...sounds like I missed a good one.

To all that attended: Did any 2001 Earnhardt Intimidator Camaros show up?

Thanks for any answers/replys.

COPO
07-04-2001, 01:57 PM
I didn't see any.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-11-2001, 05:41 AM
Congrats to the National Nostalgic Nova club who won the Club Participation award with 100 members partcipating! 2nd place was a distant 37 members. Next year will be even better.
M