PDA

View Full Version : "Chevy Rumble" new magazine

NWYENKO
06-01-2001, 04:24 PM
Just picked this up this morning, great pictures and articles, including Chevy-Vette Fest. However, what is the deal with the white '69 Yenko Camaro? Was woodgrain wheel really an option? What about the Endura bumper? Or is this another example of what Brian calls misreporting? If this is not correct I do not understand why thes magazines don't do a little more homework before printing. Otherwise the magazine has some pretty good stuff.

bkhpah
06-01-2001, 10:37 PM
White is not a color in a Yenko, Wood wheel is also not an option. The VE3 endura front bumper was available on the Yenko Camaros. I have pics of a white/black VT Yenko clone? from a MCR magazine from at least 1985. Could this be the same car?...BKH

NWYENKO
06-01-2001, 10:46 PM
Car has torque thrusts with no center caps, traction bars and headers. It is owned by Gary Licko. I am baffled that a magazine would run a 3 page article on a car without verifying its authenticity!! It also has an "M22" 4speed, black tail panel and no pedestal tach. Oh Well!!

BUIZILLA
06-02-2001, 02:00 AM
If i'm not mistaken, that specific white car is located *REAL* close to me, as in less than 5 minutes. I have seen it numerous times.

It is not real, and was bought at the Kruse Auction in Miami Beach on Dec 31 1988.

Jim

bkhpah
06-02-2001, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the Email Jim. I cannot tell if it is the same car or not. It was running WTGT tires then. I will try and dig that issue out. The car looks tough, real or not..BKH

Belair62
06-02-2001, 03:34 AM
Well I cant find it on my news stand....whats in it from Vettefest ?

NWYENKO
06-02-2001, 03:46 AM
8 pages to include the back of I think Dave Belk's Deuce. I emailed them regarding the white Yenko. The photography is really good and the articles are good also with the exception of the one on the "YENKO" I told them to contact Brian if they needed real info re: the Yenko(Just kidding) I did suggest they visit the Registry.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2001, 12:40 PM
Brian, if we are talking about the same car, it is absolutely beautiful. The undercarriage is breathtaking from memory. Should have chambered exhaust too. I bought an SS427 car the same night this car came across the floor, so I remember the deal explicitly. Gary is a CPA. The car is stored with a few other choice pieces....like 2 new ZL1 complete engines, never fired....

Jim

NWYENKO
06-02-2001, 12:49 PM
Is it possible the car is a true COPO & that someone added stripes. Rec'd a nice email from the editor of the pub. He said they picked the article up from Super Rod Mag(Petersen Publishing). He was very interested in learning more about the Registry. I gave him info re the reunion and told him he should visit this site.

JoeC
06-02-2001, 02:09 PM
Here is a link I posted awile ago on a white Yenko Camaro. May be same car. It dosen't look bad in white. I also like the white Yenko Chevelle with black top and black stripes.
http://www.randomunity.com/superrod/super_rods/yenko_images/yenkocamaro.html

[Edited by JoeC (06-02-2001 at 09:09 AM).]

Belair62
06-02-2001, 03:28 PM
Have an old Musclecar review or earlier rendition with a White/black vinyl Y Chevelle with an old cowl breathing air cleaner set-up ala Z11 on it...can't find mag right now..must be the same one JoeC refers to...scratched my head a while on that one. If memory serves it was in Floyd collection ???

JoeC
06-02-2001, 04:06 PM
last I hear that white Yenko Chevelle lives with Reggie Jackson.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2001, 09:03 PM
Yep, that is the right Camaro from down here. That picture was taken at Matheson Hammock, the local marina where we launch our boats, and about a mile from where I used to live when I was in high school. In fact, I have a picture os my SS427 car in the same spot.

Jim

copo69
06-07-2001, 03:00 AM
I picked up this magazine today....looks promising and has Doug Marion as editor. Maybe there will finally be a Chevy magazine worth picking up.

Chevy454
06-07-2001, 04:27 AM
Well, like a lot of the articles out there, the one featuring the white Camaro is a reprint. I don't know what it is with magazines and printing old articles, but for me, it happens all too often.

A good example is one I found in Muscle Car Review. It was an article on a gentleman's collection of rare Chevies, and was in a mid to late 80s magazine. Well, funny thing is, the EXACT SAME article was run within the last 2 years!

sixtiesmuscle
06-07-2001, 12:30 PM
Maybe Doug Marion, or, someone with the magazine could print info on how to subscribe.

NWYENKO
06-08-2001, 05:18 AM
The toll free # for subscriptions is 877-267-0388. Doug emailed me explaining that the article was in fact taken from Super Rod Mag. He is very interested in hearing about the reunion and the registry. I referred him to this site.