PDA

View Full Version : Was red a Yenko color for the 69 Camaros?

Jeff H
06-25-2001, 02:03 PM
I was in Lancaster on Saturday and driving through town, we say a red Yenko Camaro sitting in the showroom of a classic car dealer. We didn't catch the name of the dealership, but a lot of us saw it as we went by. I don't recall seeing any red Yenkos in the magazines though.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-25-2001, 02:33 PM
Red was not one of the six colors available on the '69 Yenko Camaros. I believe we know about the car you saw, it was reportedly purchased this past March in Florida at an auction. It is supposed to be a real car, but painted incorrectly. What was the name of the classic car dealer??
M

Jeff H
06-25-2001, 02:44 PM
I couldn't see the name of the dealership as we went by, I was driving. We had a caravan of 4th generation Camaros and Firebirds going to a picnic. One guy has a 2001 that was opened up to a 427 LS1 and runs some other mods. He runs 9.5's in the quarter, but the car isn't sorted out yet.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-25-2001, 03:06 PM
I know that there are a few classic car lots out there, was it one of the ones on Route 30? This car was supposedly in Reading, PA and we were waiting to see it pop up at a show or dealer. Not surprised that is showed up in Lancaster, PA.
M

Unreal
06-25-2001, 08:14 PM
Tom,
Is this the same car that was inside at the Camaro Nationals in Pigeon Forge, in 97?

bkhpah
06-25-2001, 09:39 PM
That's the one...BKH

sYc
06-25-2001, 09:49 PM
Yes, this appears to be the same car that was at the '97 Camaro Nats, parked across from my Yenko. The story I got was this (from the owner). It started out Blue (which matched the trim tag), but the owner liked red. He said that the only original piece on the car was a section of the top. The car had several non-Yenko options, such as deluxe interior. They would not start the car, they pushed it in and back out. The car won a trophy, but not a certificate, as the judges were from PA, who knew Yenkos. I did hear later that the car sold for a nice chunk of change somewhere in Florida. Brian was at this show and looked the car over as well. He may be able to add more details. Tom

Jeff H
06-26-2001, 02:55 AM
The dealership was where 222 and 30 come together and 222 goes through Lancaster and splits apart. I assumed it wasn't a real Yenko because I've never seen a red one. I'll bet it shows up at Carlisle this weekend. Any takers? My JL8 still needs a lot of work and I'm low on cash. j/k

Unreal
06-26-2001, 12:52 PM
I looked at a Z11 once that had a great Garnet Red paint job and a new black top. Also, the original Hugger Houndstooth was changed to black. It was going to kill me to pay for all that new stuff, and then have to replace it...so I didn't buy it.

Jeff H
09-13-2002, 07:28 PM
Thought I would drag up this old topic and see if anybody knows the details on this Red Yenko. I assume the original engine is long gone but does it have a BE rear and a correct 427? Does anybody know the details on this car?