PDA

View Full Version : clone?

GMH454
07-12-2001, 09:59 PM
Clones is not s subject near to the heart of many here, but if you must you must. Don't know of any web pages for a 70 motion but the only one I have seen is wonderfuly documented in Randy Leffinwell's book "American Muscle".It comes up on ebay all the time. Fantastic book.
Pretty easy just a l-88 scoop and mid year Vette side pipes. Don't think yenko did one but Nickey did.
Have fun

chevy vanner
07-13-2001, 05:34 AM
im new here and i have a 70 chevelle malibu, and i just cant think of any cool paint jobs for it, and i would hate to see it as just another ss clone. boring. i noticed there arent any yenko or baldwin motion clones and i think they look really cool. i cant seem to find any pics of them on the net, and i was hoping you guys could help. THANKS!

chevy vanner
07-14-2001, 05:28 AM
well i probably know how much you guys hate clones, but beleive it or not, i do too. it seems like every malibu on earth winds up with either ss stripes or emblems. but frankly, i dont really like chevelles all that much, because they have all been done in every way imaginable. to me, they are kind of boring, and expensive too. when i said i wanted to clone mine, i meant paint and hood scoop baldwin style, because those are pretty cool looking. id put side pipes on it, jack it up in the rear, leave the small block and the malibu emblems. id have all the good things about a baldwin motion, without the worries of actually driving a baldwin .thats the type of car that belongs on a trailer, or in a museum. thanks! im going to ebay.

[Edited by chevy vanner (07-13-2001 at 12:28 PM).]

whitetop
07-14-2001, 05:48 AM
"you can do what you want chevy vanner...and that's all right with me.."
whitetop

[Edited by whitetop (07-13-2001 at 12:48 PM).]