PDA

View Full Version : resto parts

lethalss
07-21-2001, 03:27 AM
I am looking for a good place to purchase yenko resto parts for my '70 nova SS. I need to locate a hood tach, the stripes and the headrest covers. I am going to start the transformation of my SS to be a clone Yenko until I can find an original one that I can purchase. I have had this car for the last 15 years and I am always looking for ways to make it my perfect in my eyes. I dropped in a 502 crate engine backed by a muncie 4 speed and 3.73 gears, but I like the way the Yenko's body, and interior look. Thanks for your help.

COPO
07-21-2001, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><HR>I am going to start the transformation of my SS to be a clone Yenko until I can find an original one that I can purchase<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the the Cars For Sale section of this site. There is a nice red Yenko Deuce for sale.

lethalss
07-21-2001, 08:17 PM
I saw that yenko for sale, but for right now I have a lot of sentimental attachment and time spent on this nova and I am just looking for the resto parts at this time.
I was also wondering about finding a big block yenko duece, the one for sale was only a LT-1. Thanks for the reply.

NC Guy
07-21-2001, 08:57 PM
I'am no Yenko expect, just an interested observer. I'am under the impression that all Yenko dueces' were small blocks.

Somebody set me straight please

Chevy454
07-21-2001, 09:33 PM
Well, all of the '70 Yenko Deuces that started life as COPO cars were small block cars (although there was recent talk on this board of one that was converted by Yenko to 427 power, but it is just speculation right now). The '69 Novas were the 427 powered cars. Good luck finding one of the '69 Yenko Novas, though...they are on the REALLY rare side of the Yenko cars, and are VERY pricey. Speaking of which, has Randy Miller sold his RG '69 yet?

sixtiesmuscle
07-22-2001, 04:18 PM
Not as of last week. The red Chevelle and gold Camaro sold fairly quickly.

MikeA
07-23-2001, 12:48 PM
I must have missed the post regarding the possibility that one '70 Deuce was converted to a 427. Can someone either fill me in or direct me to the topic where this was discussed. Thanks

Mike

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-23-2001, 12:57 PM
Lethalss;
In order to make a Yenko Deuce clone, you would have to remove your 'SS' items along with your big block 502 - thereby reducing your sentimental value. All '70 Yenko Deuce Novas were small block LT1's, bench seats, non-SS cars. Adding a set of stripes, emblems and a hood tach does not make a clone. Enjoy your car as it is.

If you want a Yenko car, save your money and buy the real thing.
M

Chevy454
07-23-2001, 01:58 PM
Here is the thread where the big block Deuce was mentioned: Carlisle All G.M. Show June 29th-June2nd??? (http://www.yenko.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000428.html)

This was the first time I had ever heard about the car, and we never did here if it was legit or not. Marlin, have you researched this car yet?

[Edited by Chevy454 (07-23-2001 at 08:58 AM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-23-2001, 02:03 PM
Rob;
We never heard a whisper about this car at the GM show, nor did we hear about the Grumpy car that this guy supposedly owns. We have concluded that the whole thing was probably a hoax played up to the classic car dealer in Seatle, WA, and that the car/paperwork does not exist. The only big block '70 Yenko deuce was a second owner modification after the orig. LT1 was damaged. I don't think anyone has a way to get in contact with this person to really find out what he was talking about.
M