PDA

View Full Version : mystery yenko deuce centreville md.

will
08-04-2001, 07:36 PM
I left a post last fall about an orange yenko deuce in centerville md. turns out the car was gone ,but several members had hear of the car car too.
well friday at the body shop I struck up some talk with a man that also had heard of the car and says he had seen the car in centerville and had tried to buy it.he told me the that had the car thought it was gold and wanted way to much for it.
he also told that the car was gone be fore the garage caught fire.....so I guess it's still out there somewhere .....he told me it was a 69 big block car!
I didn't know him from adam so he could of been full of it,but he did know the color and exact location of the carwith out a doubt.
well take it for what it's worth just another chapter of the story !

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-14-2001, 06:30 PM
Will;
The story you refer to is similar to ones that I have heard about, including several variations in regard to color, engine type ect...

The story I heard of this orange car is that it was a '69 with a 454 in it, and was on a used car lot in Chestertown, MD. I have spoken to the car lot owner, and he recalls the car but does not know where it went, and it had no Yenko paperwork with it. To our knowledge there were no '69 Yenko Novas in Huggar Orange/black stripes, only in '70.

I have also heard the story of a '70 Huggar Orange Yenko Nova next to a garage in Silvertown, MD (?), but don't have specifics on that one. At the NNN hotel after the GM carlisle show, a guy told me about this Silvertown car, but he assured me it was Gobi Beige like my car. He took my name/address and said he would send me the photos he took of the car. I haven't gotten them yet, but I'm hopeful.

Another board member has done some searching and found that one of the Fathom Green '69 Yenko Novas spent several years in Cumberland, MD and Elkton, MD. We don't know what color the car was at that time. This car eventually found it's way over to PA where Vince Emme found it. It is now in Canada.

Anyone else remember any Yenko Novas from Maryland?
M

will
03-27-2002, 06:13 PM
this car just won't go away
I was just talking with a man that told the same story that I heard,but he told he used to live down the street from the car and it was orange.the moved the car to his house where it sat out side and was really rusted bad.I couldn't get a location from him ,but he said he had some pic's and would bring them in tomorrow.
he also said the man who owns the car is the orginal owner,he is a colored fellow named charlie.also said he(charlie) had been offered 20,000 for it and turned it down.

I am going to do some driving around here soon and see what I can come up with.

I sure would like to find this car,I would never be able to buy it ,but it would be cool to find this mystery car!

Will
is there a list with orginal buyers names anywhere?