PDA

View Full Version : Ed Hedrick Yenko

copo69
08-15-2001, 02:56 AM
Are the whereabouts of the yellow Yenko Camaro raced by Ed Hedrick known? Anyone know where Hedrick is today?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-15-2001, 12:48 PM
Stan??

Rowdy Rat
08-15-2001, 01:12 PM
Ed is currently living in New York state. I had the opportunity to speak with him about two years ago... Very interesting guy. He raced the Camaro in question during 1969 in Stock classes as both a four speed car (which is how it was delivered from Yenko) and an automatic. He sold the car prior to the 1970 season when he got to the opportunity to run a Mopar in Super Stock. He wasn't happy with the situation he ended up in and switched over from racing cars to motorcycles. If I remember correctly, he was NHRA national champion two years and held the longest consecutive national event win streak for NHRA bikes that was only recently broken. I got the impression that he is no longer actively involved in racing.

He does not know where his old car is...

Regards,

Stan Falenski

copo69
08-16-2001, 03:49 AM
Thanks Stan, Darwin Doll (old NHRA NED director) is looking for Hedrick. Darwin is doing a York US 30 reunion/musclecar show next July at York and is looking for some of the drivers. http://www.yorkus30.com/

Rowdy Rat
08-16-2001, 03:01 PM
I don't know Darwin Doll personally, but I have spoken to several people who are helping to promote the York US30 show/reunion next July (York, PA is only a few miles away from where I live). I'd be happy to mention Ed the next time I run into them... I don't know if he would be interested, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. As I said, he was a very interesting person to talk to and had a lot of neat racing stories!

I went to the first US30 show which was pretty cool. I have been told that the show next July is better organized and will be far superior to the first one.

Regards,

Stan Falenski