PDA

View Full Version : Possible Baldwin-Motion '67?

William
08-17-2001, 09:47 PM
<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=594413280

124377N222717

05C" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=594413280

124377N222717

05C</A> E 67-12437 NOR 122790 760-Z A-A E 2LG 3K 4K

JoeC
08-18-2001, 12:18 AM
It's a nice looking car but I don't see how you can call it a Motion car if Joel didn't OK it. One minor thing I notice is they used a 1968 SS427 Impala trunk emblem on their 67 Camaro hood. Motion did use those emblems but not in 67.

PxTx
08-18-2001, 01:16 PM
From what I read, "When the 2nd owner purchased this car it was equipped with the Motion fiberglass hood,The SS 427 Badging & the decal in the drivers side rear quarter glass which states DYNO TUNED BY MOTION PERFORMANCE", I would suspect that the car was given the motion treatment AFTER it's original sale.

Other areas that are often addressed like the welded axle housing were left untouched, so does anyone know if this was a typical proceedure or a phase III only. If it was a typical B/M item and it wasn't done, I would suspect that when the car went to Motion for the "bolt on hop ups" Joel only did what the customer paid for.

MrMotion
08-19-2001, 12:46 AM
The original owner of my 68 had the L72 shortblock Conversion done at Motion Performance and he says that any amount of work could have been done. I may be wrong but is the paint code correct for Black in 67 for this car? How about the correct pulleys and brackets? I can see other items that need to be changed for correctness but I think this is a very nice car from the pictures. If this is a real 375 horse car its probably more valuable as an original as it doesn't have any papers to document Motion work.

Denis
08-19-2001, 01:14 AM
Trim tag is coded for black on black.

Rat_Pack
08-19-2001, 03:08 PM
I received an email from the seller replying to a couple of my questions and I think this car may possibly be bogus. First the seller is not sure if it is a Motion car or was ever worked on by Motion. He states that it did have the Motion "style" hood on it in the 70's and it was destroyed in a drag race when they left the hood pins undone. The hood on it is a current reproduction. He said that he will try to acquire some pictures from the drag race days showing the stinger hood on the car. The seller asked me if there was anything that could identify the car that should be on the car that was missing. I have not replied as it sounds like it is a close "clone" but they want to make it a correct clone.

Looking at the trim tag and comparing the options on the car it seems to be a legit L78 black on black car though. The build date on the trim tag corresponds with the VIN as the production window when it should have been built. This is a neat car anyways........RatPack..........

JoeC
08-19-2001, 11:24 PM
Joel built the car the way the customer wanted within certain guidelines and with advice from Joel. I would think that most if not all the Phase III cars had the rear spring perches welded for two reasons. One is Joel highly recommended it in a Cars Mag. article in 1967 when his 67 L88 Camaro drag car almost ripped the rear end out when the factory welds broke after about 15 runs on slicks. The second reason is welding must have been an inexpensive modification. How much would it cost to stick weld the brackets to the tubes in 1967? I would guess maybe $15.00?