PDA

View Full Version : Motion Phase III

Dan 68 Chevy II
10-06-2001, 03:43 AM
I just found out that Phase III cars in 68,69 could be ordered with stage I,II,III,IV,V and VI versions.Phase III with version I and II are fully covered by factory warranty ,while Phase III version III,IV and VI are not.Imfomation found in Hi-Performance Cars magazine Feb of 1969.Has anybody else have any other magazine articles or imfomation on Phase III stage I thru VI versions?

bbdon
10-06-2001, 08:32 PM
I have that issue, great Corvette stuff in there. I expect that Mad Mike will be posting the Corvette articles on http://www.motionperformance.com soon. I scanned them for him a while ago. The best reference that I have seen on these cars is the original sales material contained in a book called Chevrolet, The Performance Years by Martyn Schorr. You can probably find a copy on Ebay. This material does show several engine options availavble in addition to the Phase three package. It is also mentioned that the "Competition only" (L88) type engines or those fitted with internal modifications were not warranteed. One thing That I have learned from collecting these magazines is that it is not good to take what is in each individual article as ironclad fact. The articles can often contradict each other or just give information that I now know to be inaccurate as to factory options and other issues. I have not seen other refrences for the Stage 1-6 name for the engines. The picture that emerged for me after reading all that I could find about these cars is that you could have had anything that you wanted on one of those cars, if you had the money.

Dan 68 Chevy II
10-08-2001, 12:24 PM
I have a original sales brochure for the Fantastic Five in 1968 and just notices that Page that's #2 which list the special performance options for 68 has a total of 35 options.Items 1 thru 6 deal specifically with engine options. It also tells which one voids warranty.So stage I thru VI in the magazine article seems to match with the above.

Dan 68 Chevy II
10-09-2001, 05:44 AM
I just received a copy of the Original Baldwin Motion sales Brochure for The Fantastic Five in 1968.It shows on page 2 a list of Special Performance options.
There's 35 options listed in 68 .Options I thru VI are specific to the motor.In certain I thru VI options shows the words ( no warranty on this engine) or ( Voids warranty).These options are not the standard SS427 package for 1968 but offered as Special Performance Options in the Fantastic Five in 1968.

MadMike
11-28-2001, 05:38 AM
One thing to note: the info on the motionperformance.com site evolved from my Camaro information. So, there's only one "Phase" for the Camaro, but possibly 6 for the vette. I don't know, I'll try and check into this.