PDA

View Full Version : Douglass Corvette

Stefano
12-06-2001, 04:40 AM
Douglass Chevrolet was one of the leading Corvette Dealerships, during the Muscle Car Era. Do any members own any of these cars?

Stefano
06-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Does anyone remember the 1978 Corvette Pace Car Frenzy?
Douglass Chevrolet Purchased every Pace Car Corvette they could get their hands on. (most from other dealers)

They loaded the Showroom floor with Pace Cars. They fit approx. 13 or 14 on the floor at one time.

One of the Major News Networks did a live Spot from Douglass on the Pace Car Craze.

ChrisS
06-05-2002, 11:37 PM
I know the whereabouts of 2 '67 427/435 convertibles sold there, but I think you already knew that. Got a chance to see the yellow one currently owned by an NCRS member from Iowa at a meet in Ashville N.C. a few weeks ago. Based on the invoice numbers there were at least 5 other '67s ordered from there between Feb. and May 1967.
I remember Keystone Chevrolet had a '78 pace car on their lot for what seemed like the entire model year. The salesman told me they wanted $5000.00 over sticker for it. Don't know if they ever sold it, maybe it went out to Hinsdale. There was a '78 pace car at BloomingtonGold last year that had about 20 original miles on it when it got there. It more than doubled that mileage during the 40 mile road test required for Survivor certification.

Stefano
06-06-2002, 12:28 AM
Hi Chris,
Of course I remember the info about the family '67 Tri-Power.
Will it make 'Bloomington Gold' this year?