PDA

View Full Version : February '02 feature car

Chevy454
02-06-2002, 06:13 PM
I tell ya, when I saw the picture of his car, out in the snow, I thought it looked really "cool"! (no pun intended...or maybe it was http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif) It worked out nice, too...I hadn't had a chance to get the page up until late last night and early this morning, and ironically, we woke up to a couple inches or so of the white stuff!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Mark;
Just wondering if the Doug Thorley Headers, scattershield, and traction bars are listed on the orig. window sticker or if they were installed after it was sold new??

The Fryburg car? I remember when he bought it from Henderson in CA, he was pumped - I was shocked when he said he sold it!! Nice car, love the Fathom Green.
M

[Edited by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (02-06-2002 at 01:47 PM).]

TimG
02-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Yes, the car is beautiful. What I need is the garage set-up.

70 copo
02-06-2002, 11:41 PM
The car is clearly one of the best. 3 hours of checking everything - all very legit. Very rare car indeed.

mhassett
02-07-2002, 01:58 AM
The sticker states: Standard Yenko Option: 427/450 HP Engine-Cowl Induction Hood, Muncie Close Ratio Four Speed, 140 Speedometer-7000 Tachometer, Posi-Trac with Special Suspension, H.D. Radiator-Power Front Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats-Special High Rise Alum. Manifold, Tuned Doug Thorley Headers, Lakewood Scattershield-Clutch Type Fan after that it lists: Optional Equipment: My guess is that Yenko made this sticker after he Converted it??? Any thoughts on this??

jbsides
02-07-2002, 02:07 AM
Wow. Absolutely stunning, Mark. You are one lucky guy...

JB

COPO PETE
02-07-2002, 05:40 AM
Nice to see some more of Marks cars. Of course it's enough to make you "green" with envy. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif<br>Peter

Stefano
02-07-2002, 05:43 AM
Great story to go along with an awsome Yenko.

bkhpah
02-07-2002, 11:52 AM
I sold the old owner Jim Parker the Yenko/SC 427 radiator decal about twenty years ago. Nobody did that one at the time. My feelings on the window sticker on this car is that it was made up for the car. As for MR. Freiberg. He called me and I did a lot of phone calls and re-search on this car for him. Gave him all information that would help him to verify it was a real Yenko. He told me he was going to send me to look at the car. It was all lies. I found out just days after he bought his dream car when it showed up at a cruise night somewere in Ohio. The calls ended after he bought the car. Resold the car to Mark Hassett almost before the ink was dry on the paperwork. Real tears I doubt it. The best thing that happened to the car is Mark owns it now. A real enthusiast...BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Mark/Phil;
The window sticker doesn't say anything about the 'Four speed close ratio Muncie transmission and Hurst shifter'? Or the Positraction rear, Air breathing hood, ect...?? JoeC, can you post a pic of Hunter's window sticker from the reunion?

Generally, any options that were dealer installed were typed into the 'OPTIONS' section, it wasn't until '70 that Yenko's window stickers included the options as part of the main body of the description. If these items were added later by Yenko (or Murray chev.), it would be unlikely that they would add it to the window sticker - but never say never, since they were Yenko catalog items. The window sticker should have the big red and black YENKO crest at the top of course, as well as the stock number, color, vin, and dealer sold to.

Glad you own the car, dig the Cragars - reminds me of the old days when that was all we ran! Freiburg's been wanting a Deuce since he sold this Camaro, I've learned not to expend too much time on that search.
M

bowtie3168
02-07-2002, 03:53 PM
Great car Mark! Glad to see it posted as the feature car.

Andrew

Mr Yenko
02-07-2002, 04:30 PM
Mark,
Awesome ride!!! Until I met BKH , I was not a fan of the Fathom green and Rally green after seeing them in person they are AWESOME colors. Looking foward to seeing everyone at the Reunion http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif Mayor of Fishkill

JoeC
02-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Marlin, Hunter's window sticker has only one item listed under the "option" heading - AM radio

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-07-2002, 08:43 PM
JoeC;
Hunter's car only had the one option, but I was hoping that if we post a pic of it, Mark can compare to it to see if his is an original sticker or one that was made up afterwards. I have seen several that were made up within the last few years, they are easy to spot. There was a blank window sticker form floating for awhile, as well as a blank sales invoice form, and they were used to by unknowns for some cars.
M