PDA

View Full Version : What are you bring to the Reunion? (part 2)

Chevy454
06-14-2000, 04:09 PM
Well, if you can't tell, the board experienced some "problems", and the original "What are you bringing to the Reunion" post got trashed. So, I thought I would start it up again. And, I thought I would remind eveyone to LET US KNOW if you are planning on attending the Supercar Reunion, that way we can add your car/name to the list on the 2000 Supercar Reunion page ( www.yenko.net/2000reunion.htm (http://www.yenko.net/2000reunion.htm) ).

Now, for what I am bringing...my '70 LS-6 Chevelle. I am going to an NSCA event in Bowling Green, KY, the week before the Reunion, so maybe I will have a better idea of how the Chevelle is going to run. I will no doubt get "waxed" at the NSCA event, as those guys are FLYING! Randy Miller (in his '69 Yenko Camaro) won the first event this year with a 12.06! Here are the results from the first race: www.horsepowertv.com/raceresults/races.asp?theaction=viewround&race_id=101&class_id=12&round_type_id=1&round_number=1 (http://www.horsepowertv.com/raceresults/races.asp?theaction=viewround&race_id=101&class_id=12&round_type_id=1&round_number=1) WHOA! So, I need to get my car dialed in and get to practicing, if I expect to keep from getting embarrassed.

Also, dad has been giving me "crap" about how heavy and slow the Chevelle is, so maybe there will be a "mini shootout" at the Reunion betweeen he and I...and beleive me, we will not take it easy on the cars, because neither one of us wants to lose!

Kim:

I saw your other post...what ETs does your Nova run in the 1/4? What are you guessing it will run @ the Reunion (1000 ft.)?

------------------
1970 LS-6 Chevelle
454-450hp, M-22 4 speed, 4.10 posi

[Edited by Chevy454 (06-14-2000 at 11:09 AM).]

06-14-2000, 08:37 PM
The last time on 1/4 mile it ran 11.36 this was at super chevy Indy. I would like to see 10.99 run down there. The motor is still 427 with small port heads.
Kim Howie

COPO
06-15-2000, 12:27 AM
Rob, I'm planning to bring my "heavy" '70 Chevelle LS-6 too. It's triple black and is believed to be the first LS-6 convertible built. I'd like to make a few runs at the track, perhaps at 9/10's as it still has the original matching # drivetrain. Are there any specific car shippers someone could recommend?

Chevy454
06-15-2000, 04:21 PM
Kim:

I would bet BIG BUCK$ that you will do much better than the 10.99! They just re-surfaced the track, and there are records falling daily! Plus, at Michigan this summer, I ran a 11.025 in the 1000ft., and everyone said the track was slow, so you should be in the 9's! Here is a link to the track's page: www.ozarkdragstrip.com/ (http://www.ozarkdragstrip.com/) They have a new system that allows them to broadcast the track announcer into your radio, so everyone should be able to hear all of what's going on.

COPO:

Mark Timken had his '70 Baldwin Motion Camaro shipped to the Supercar Reunion last year. Here is his email address: [email protected] He could give you all the details as far as cost and service. Plus, I am DIEING to see your drop top rat! Maybe we can hook up at the track and make a "side by side" pass! The guys at Team Chevelle would probably FLIP! I think our "heavy" cars may surprise some people...it's hard to dispute a 454.

[Edited by Chevy454 (06-15-2000 at 11:21 AM).]

Chevy454
06-19-2000, 08:15 PM
If you will divide your 1/4 mile ET by 1.195, then that will give you a pretty close guess as to what 1000ft ET you will run. Or, multiply your 1000ft by 1.195 to get 1/4 mile. It worked out pretty close on my car, and that is how they suggest to do it on the Ozark International Raceway's bulletin board.

I got the LS-6 going this week, but I am probably going to pull it back out and detail everyhing again, as I have kind of "worn the new off" of everything, so I need to spruce it up again now that it is somewhat "sorted out".

COPO:

Were you able to reach Mark about the transporter?

COPO
08-02-2000, 02:55 AM
Plane ticket is purchased, but having trouble finding an enclosed carrier that can guarantee pick-up and delivery from my home and then pick-up from Springfield. Is anyone else planning to ship their car? If so, who are you using?

moparts
08-14-2000, 03:07 PM
Just to let everyone know. I just purchased a 1981 Yenko Turbo Z Stage 2.
I will have it at the Reunion.

Maurice