PDA

View Full Version : '01 Supercar Reunion page

Chevy454
03-23-2001, 07:36 PM
I have updated the 2001 Supercar Reunion page ( found here: www.yenko.net/reunion/2001reunion.htm (http://www.yenko.net/reunion/2001reunion.htm) ). I added links to the Gateway Center (which is where the Reunion will be held), to the Holiday Inn (which is the host hotel), to the Collinsville, IL, website (for a listing of what is in the area), and a link to Gateway International Raceway (where we will be cruising to race!).

I don't have anyone's names/cars down as "Attending" the Reunion, but if you are planning on bringing a car and want it listed, just send us an email, and I will add it.

[Edited by Chevy454 (03-23-2001 at 02:36 PM).]

COPO
03-24-2001, 12:15 AM
Rob, I plan to bring my white '69 COPO camaro. I'm shopping for an enclosed trailer now and yes it will be on the track shifting by ear (no gauges).

Chevy454
03-24-2001, 12:22 AM
Charlie:

Good deal! I will add you to the list tonight! Shifting by ear, huh?! Is that so you DON'T KNOW how tight you are wrapping that big block? (what you don't know can't hurt you?!)

Chevy454
03-24-2001, 12:37 AM
OK, I updated the page, and I will try and add anyone else AS SOON as they let me know! Let's hear of some more!!!!!

sYc
03-24-2001, 03:28 AM
Wednesday I spent the day in Collinsville, making sure everything was go for the 2001 reunion. I came home very excited with how things went. The Gateway Center is a super nice facilty with lots of column free indoor space, excellent lighting and acres of parking. It is surrounded by motels, restuarants, a video arcade/putt putt golf, water park, etc. The host hotel, the Holiday Inn, is a very nice hotel with ample parking and within walking distance of the Gateway Center. Gateway Int. Raceway is a state of the art NHRA race facilty, only minutes from the Gateway Center. The promoter is very excited about having us present at the track on Saturday evening. He is going to provide a special parking area and discount entry fee. During the next few months, I hope eveyone will help us here at the sYc get the word out to supercar owners about the reunion. Lets make this the best one yet! More details to follow. Tom

mr gasser
03-24-2001, 03:07 PM
Rob I plan on bringing my 69 copo camaro white blue interior. Thats great race track I will be there two weeks before match racing my willys with our group chicago wise guys.

NWYENKO
03-31-2001, 11:00 PM
Well we now have hotel reservations. the nice lady at the Holiday Inn said she does not show a block of rooms. We made reservations anyway at a rate of $109. We are coming on the 30th and leaving on the 3rd. Now we just have to figure out getting the car or cars there(see other posts). Working the airlines next!! Do I really sound EXCITED!!!!

Chevy454
04-01-2001, 04:00 AM
NW:

I just talked to dad, and he said that he was thinking that the price of the rooms for the "Supercar Reunion" attendees was like $79/ea. He was doing some checking to see what the problem was, as each year we have reserved a block of rooms and gotten a lower rate.

Chevy454
05-03-2001, 02:38 PM
OK...I am updating the 2001 Supercar Reunion page, and I am adding names to the "list of attendees".

I added:

Darryl Dodd - '69 B-M Corvette
Bernard Pfeiffer - '69 COPO Camaro
Don Stowers - '69 Yenko Camaro

If I am leaving anyone out, let me know! So, who did I miss... http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif

bkhpah
05-04-2001, 12:17 AM
Dad has indicated to me that he will attend with his Turbo Z again. If I can I will be taking my 69 Yenko Camaro along with the Harrell Chevelle. Thats two more...COOL..BKH

Chevy454
05-04-2001, 01:38 AM
Good deal! I am anxious to see that A-body from my home state, along with your dad's TZ and that "ultimate survivor" of yours!

[Edited by Chevy454 (05-03-2001 at 08:38 PM).]

COPO
05-04-2001, 01:41 AM
Any update from our NW members?

Denis
05-04-2001, 08:20 AM
nwyenko and i are game (2-3 cars) but kevin needs more convincing.

anyone else between seattle and collinsville who needs their car hauled to the reunion in exchange for sharing the hauling tab?

[Edited by Denis (05-04-2001 at 03:20 AM).]

NWYENKO
05-05-2001, 12:31 AM
I talked to Fred at Concours trucking Thurs. and he is really interested in seeing us make this happen!! He is a great guy and has great drivers (he also monitors this board!!) I checked with a couple in Or that have a 3 car hauler but the tab was $7000 which is too steep for me. I have convinced the wife that since I got free plane tickets that offsets the cost of one car (sounds good to me). The 30th of Aug. is my birthday and told her she doesn't have to get me anything if I take the cars. As you guys can see I am really working this deal. If I could sell the red Deuce it would be easier.(hint,hint).

Chevy454
05-08-2001, 10:59 PM
Well, I added Bruce Leveto, Don Clark, and Jeff Clark to the attendee list today. If anyone else wants on the list, just let me know.

Denis/NWYenko:

Any word on if you guys are going to be able to make it happen or not? Are you still looking for cars to chip in? I know Jack Markham (Yenko Vega) is out your direction (New Mexico), but I don't know if he is interested in attending or not.

Hmm...let's see...who else is out that direction guys?

Denis
05-09-2001, 03:26 AM
Good news I think. I was slumming at a local Mopar show last weekend and chatted up a guy from Spokane who bought the triple-black 70 Hemi Cuda I wanted. In any case, he also owns a COPO Chevelle and he's interested in attending the reunion. Not only is he "on the way" from Seattle, he also has a 3-car covered trailer we can all share (he owns a dealership in Spokane). Jim, I'll send email to discuss this in more detail. Basically, we still need to find a driver and a cab/truck to pull the thing. Other option is to go with the six-car rig and find a couple more more cars. Kevin's still mulling over it, especially when I told him we all think his 68 Yenko Camaro is fake http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif

PS: I'm Canadian so my US geography ain't as good as yours, but isn't New Mexico kind of down south somewhere?

Chevy454
05-09-2001, 03:35 AM
Well, your geography isn't all that bad, because New Mexico is located in the southwest U.S. I was trying to think of people that are to west of us, and Markham kept coming to mind (plus, he has a YENKO VEGA!!!!). I will check our database tomorrow and see who else is out in your direction.

Yenkofan
05-10-2001, 05:33 AM
Denis:

Isn't the guy who bought the triple black Hemi Cuda offering it for sale at his dealership in Spokane? 75k?
No problem for you rich Canadiens.

COPO
05-10-2001, 10:11 AM
Denis, this might be what you need http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=586297515

moparts
05-10-2001, 10:32 PM
Looks like the Clary family will have another attendee at the Reunion. Ethan Drew Clary
Born May 9th 2001
Congradulations http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

Looks like paw may have to start looking for another supercar?? http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

[Edited by sYc (05-10-2001 at 05:32 PM).]

AussieVette
05-11-2001, 01:20 AM
So is anyone planning on taking a whole bunch of photos of all the cars at this show and putting them up on the web for those who can't make it?

As much as I'd love to see all these awesome cars in the metal, the 10,896 miles from here in Perth to Collinsville is just not going to happen for me http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/frown.gif

Sheridan Brown

Mr70
05-11-2001, 03:35 AM
Sheridan
Now you're making me feel guilty.I only live 5 hours north of the show area,but was not planning on attending due to the fact that I don't officially own a "SuperCar".Just a 1970 Chevelle "MuscleCar". I suppose I could go as a spectator. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

AussieVette
05-11-2001, 04:00 AM
Mr70, Just a 1970 Chevelle "MuscleCar". What do you mean just, had a look at the pictures on your web site and that is a beautiful car indeed!!

Still 5 hours trip each way kinda means you have to make a day trip of it and stay over wouldn't you. I think with flights and transfers it would probably take me a day or two travel each way...

Sheridan Brown

Horseman
05-14-2001, 01:56 AM
Yes me to. I own a "70' Chevelle SS 396. But I was at all but one of the shows.The show in Hendersonville,TN. Have learned alot from this guys. I was trying to talk the wife into selling the Chevelle to get a "70 Yenko Nova. Because right now there is no way for me to get a 69 Chevelle or Camaro YENKO.But she really likes it.But we will be there for the show in Collinsville,IL

Horseman
05-14-2001, 01:59 AM
but but but I think I got carried away with the word but in my last post oops

Chevy454
05-29-2001, 03:54 PM
Well, I added a new name to the "attendees" page.

I added Bill Hunter, who is the original owner of a '69 Yenko Camaro. He said he will be cruising and drag racing, which should be interesting, because he said his Camaro sports an L-88!

Chevy454
06-07-2001, 02:34 PM
I added Larry Christensen's '69 ZL-1 Camaro and '69 Yenko Camaro to the list today. Looks like his Rally Green car made it back from the Power Tour ok!

COPO
06-11-2001, 01:37 AM
Just scored a great deal on a 2 year old Featherlite enclosed trailer, so no transportation problems this year.

What's the latest from our NW friends?? Is Kevin still sitting on the fence?

Chevy454
06-11-2001, 03:50 AM
Good deal, Charlie! Sounds like you are all set. So, still planning on bringing the COPO?

Chevy454
06-15-2001, 04:03 PM
I added some more names today. Dennis Hartweg is bringing his 1968 Gibb-Harrell COPO Nova and Carl Stuber is still "undecided" as to what he will bring. I also added Jeff Latondress and his 1969 COPO Chevelle, who was recruited by Brian and Joe while attendind Chevelle-A-Bration.

Keep 'em rolling in guys!

Chevy454
06-27-2001, 03:31 PM
I will be adding Ron Voorhees and his '69 Yenko Camaro to the "attending" list today as I update the page. For those of you new to the Supercar Reunion, Ron attended last year's Reunion as well.

Chevy454
06-28-2001, 08:20 PM
Well, we got an email from Ken Boje last night, and he will be brining Fred Gibb's first race car, his Z/28 "Lil Hoss". Along with the car, he will be bringing Herb Fox, Jerry Burford, and Kenny Brown, who were all once connected with Fred Gibb Chevrolet. And, for those of you who don't remember, Herb was the guy driving "Lil Hoss" when it set numerous records, and is going to make a few passes at Gateway after the show. So, I will be adding him to the list.

Also, Mike Guarise is also planning to attend, but he is having trouble deciding what to bring, so he's gonna let me drive up and take my pick! Just kidding http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif! He will be in attendance, though, but is going to wait until it gets closer to Reunion time until he decides what to bring.

Looks like the number stands at mid 20s right now, and we have yet to hear from any of the other Show-me boys...Ray, Frank, Rayburn...you listening http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif?

COPO
06-28-2001, 09:27 PM
I guess we could be in the mid 40's if Kevin shows up w/a couple of tractor trailers http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif Any news from the NW?

[Edited by COPO (06-28-2001 at 04:27 PM).]

Chevy454
06-29-2001, 03:39 PM
Well, I'm adding another name today: Ron Normann and his 1969 Yenko Chevelle! Looks like we could have a good turn out of A-bodies this year, with Swezey bringing his '68, Jeff and his '69, and now Ron's '69. We still haven't heard from Radake, and since he lives in St. Louis, I am assuming he could probably just drive across town to the show!

We haven't heard much from the "northwest boys" lately on the board...maybe they are doing a little "thrashing" to try and get some cars ready! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif

NWYENKO
06-29-2001, 03:59 PM
I am afraid it is going to be difficult for me to make it with a car. The only way it would have worked would have been to find 3 or 4 more cars that wanted to make the trip from this area. If Fred ends up with a truck going in that direction with a spot or two it might work. The other problem would be to have a place to keep the cars until the truck came back thru. Oh well maybe next time. We are still coming, do you think we could make a pass in the rental car? Ha!Ha!

Mr70
06-29-2001, 04:04 PM
Is that Ron Norman from Mchenry Il.?
He's a good guy.I buy a few parts from him now and then.Nice collection of cars he has.
Ask him to bring his 1966 Chevrolet promotional small block 350 V-8 cutaway engine/trans/rearend auto show display.
He got this from the man who designed it and had it in his Chicago highrise office building for nearly twenty years. This thing is on a roteserie and lights up and works with a lil motor.Very interesting and truly a timecapsule piece.A lot of detail went into this.It's as big as a car!It is on display in his store window in Mchenry.I took some great pictures of it.

Belair62
06-30-2001, 03:47 AM
I can't keep myself from trying to rotate that engine cut-away when I am at Rons shop. He doesnt mind me playing with it at all.

Denis
07-03-2001, 04:14 AM
nwyenko:

don't give up hope yet. i don't do real good on that "planning" stuff, i'm more a concept kind of guy. i'm still keen on taking my 67 yenko camaro to the reunion. i just today got the phone # and name of the car dealer guy in spokane (the one with a orange copo chevelle) who's willing to let us share his 3-car trailer with us if we can scare up a driver and cab.

Chevy454
07-03-2001, 04:29 AM
Keep the dream alive, Denis... http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif We are all pulling for you guys on the west coast!

sYc
07-07-2001, 08:42 PM
Add Dru Diesner and his '69 Yenko Camaro to the list of attendees, who will show, cruise AND race. I believe this will be Dru's first time at the reunion, at least with a car. Welcome Dru!

sYc
07-11-2001, 07:05 PM
John and Bud Deppe will also be attending with their '69 Yenko Camaro.

Chevy454
07-20-2001, 11:54 AM
Jim Pearse and his 1967 Nickey Camaro will also be attending!

Chevy454
07-23-2001, 06:57 PM
2 more entries! Rayburn Pennington will be returning with his 1973 Baldwin-Motion Corvette, and this will be his 4th year attending the show! 4 for 4!

A 1970 Gibb Chevelle will also be in attendance, and it is still owned by the original owner, Dennis Cumby!

Right now, the # of pre-registered cars stands at 30. But, we still know of a few people that we (or some of our "contacts") have talked to that have mentioned they will more than likely be there...like Rayburn Morrison, Frank Radake, James Shockley (both Frank and James live in St. Louis, so they can drive their cars over!), George Johnson, etc.

bkhpah
07-24-2001, 02:33 AM
I talked to Jerry Macneish this weekend and he is thinking about bring the Strickler 68 Z/28 and a friend of his, his 68 Yenko Z/28. Lets hope so...BKH

Chevy454
07-24-2001, 03:12 AM
B:

I agree...it would be AWESOME to see Little Hoss next the Strickler Z! And, we don't have any '68 Yenkos yet...SWEET! Sounds like they need just a little "nudge" to come! Jerry is in Illinois, right? Also, what about the 2 Yenko Chevelles that were at Chevell-a-Bration? I don't know there names to send them fliers!

DarrylD
07-24-2001, 06:09 AM
Just wandering when some of the other "long haulers" plan on getting there? If the cars can't go inside until Sat. morn. and have to be out by Sat. afternoon, then with 15 hours or so towing each way, I don't see any time to rest. I'm not leaving my car on a trailer outside a hotel room, so splitting up the drive won't help. Will there be a guarded or atleast controled area for the cars to sit Friday night and Saturday night? I'm starting to dread this trip and would feel better if I knew I didn't have to tow half asleep.

COPO
07-24-2001, 11:20 AM
Rob, Jerry MacNeish is in the Baltimore, MD area.

Chevy454
07-24-2001, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><HR>Rob, Jerry MacNeish is in the Baltimore, MD area.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maryland is close to Illinois, right?! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gifJust kidding. Man, I don't know WHERE I got that Jerry was from Illinois...heck, I just talked to him on the phone a couple of weeks ago!

Darryl:

I'm almost certain there are security guards provided by the hotel, but I will ask dad and make for sure. On top of that, a bunch of the guys sit in/around their trailers the night before, so they could help watch the stuff outside as well. But, we will figure something out, as we want everyone to be able to relax and have fun and remember the show, not just the drive up/back.

sYc
07-25-2001, 07:14 PM
Darryl; I understand your concerns. As we have in the past, we will help patrol the parking lots. One of the good things about the reunion, everyone respects each others cars and helps protect them. During each of the past reunions, there has always been several "night owls" who have helped guard the parking lots. I am working on getting some extra security there, but even if I do, I would feel better knowing some of our own are helping. The first year and last year, I felt secure enough to leave my Camaro out side over night. Tom

Chevy454
07-30-2001, 07:57 PM
George Johnson has been added to the list. He will be returning with his recently "freshened up" black COPO Camaro.

sYc
08-11-2001, 12:36 AM
Another ZL-1 is making the trip to Collinsville, all the way from North Carolina. Tony Young and his Hugger Orange automatic car will be there.

sYc
08-14-2001, 03:12 PM
Two more cars from North Carolina. Jim Snyder with a '69 Yenko Camaro and Gary Volpicelli with a '72 Motion Vette (which is for sale).

[Edited by sYc (08-14-2001 at 10:12 AM).]

moparts
08-17-2001, 12:37 PM
Is there anything else that will be for sale at the reunion???????

81 Yenko Turbo Z

72 Motion Vette

Chevy454
08-17-2001, 01:21 PM
Keith Hutson will be attending the Reunion, but he is not sure what he will bring (either an unrestored '69 Yenko Chevelle or a '68 Yenko Camaro).

Chevy454
08-18-2001, 01:32 AM
An original owner, Gary Crawford, is bringing his '69 Yenko Camaro. He has attended a couple of previous Reunions.

Chevy454
08-18-2001, 01:44 AM
Well, ANOTHER original owner car! Frank Radake will be back with his '69 Yenko Chevelle.

Denis
08-19-2001, 11:04 PM
re: NW cars

Can't score a driver-trailer so I'll be flying in early Friday and showing up with a rental (like NWYENKO, I suppose). Closest I'll come to bringing a 67 Yenko is that new Lane collectible http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif. Oh well, maybe next year. How about some name badges with our website aliases so that we all know who's who?

sYc
08-20-2001, 06:39 PM
Denis; That is one reason I am having the get together Friday and Saturday evenings, so by the time everyone returns home, you should be able to match names with faces. Because it is a reunion (smaller show), it is much easier to get to know each other. Tom

sYc
08-20-2001, 06:42 PM
We now officially have a '70 Yenko Deuce registetred. It is from Iowa and owned by Jerry And Pam Albert. Neat car, AND, they plan on racing it. Tom

NWYENKO
08-21-2001, 07:09 PM
Looks like Denis will have to represent the NW. We have had a change of plans (much to my disappointment) and will not be able to make it. Had to cancel the reservations today. As they say, Oh Well, maybe next year!! Hope you guys post a lot of pictures!!

Denis
08-21-2001, 08:03 PM
Sorry it couldn't work out, Jim. Fella from Spokane finally called back but by then it was too late. PS: Happy Birthday!

sYc
08-22-2001, 03:43 AM
Lee Dobbs will be back for his 2nd Reunion, along with his '69 Yenko Camaro. That makes 40...!

Chevy454
08-23-2001, 03:05 AM
Phil Borris is bringing his '70 COPO Camaro...this is his second Reunion.

Also, there are still a couple of "local" cars (around St. Louis area) that are un-accounted for, so we may have 45+ entrants this year!

Mr70
08-23-2001, 02:12 PM
Rob
I've never attended this show in the past.How many cars attended each of the last shows?
Is this year turning out to have the most cars yet?

bkhpah
08-23-2001, 09:42 PM
Don't let the numbers fool you, 21 or more of the wildest Chevrolets in one place is a rare treat. This is the show to attend. No need to walk for miles to find the one COPO car or Motion sitting in a hot field..BKH

Chevy454
08-24-2001, 01:52 AM
Thomas Kusmiesz will be bringing his '70 Yenko Deuce all the way from Pittsgrove, NJ.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><HR>This is the show to attend. BKH<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember, you heard it here first! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif

Chevy454
08-24-2001, 05:39 AM
Yes, this looks like it is going to be the largest turnout yet! Here is the breakdown from previous years:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1998 = 25
<LI>1999 = 40
<LI>2000 = 21
<LI>2001 = 41 cars pre-registered (as of 8-23-01)
[/list]

[Edited by Chevy454 (08-23-2001 at 12:39 PM).]

Chevy454
08-24-2001, 06:14 PM
Well, folks, we are up to 43 cars pre-registered, as Pete Gerling and his 1969 Yenko Camaro will be returning for the second time. We are inching ever closer to the half-century mark...

Chevy454
08-24-2001, 06:31 PM
Jim Stubbings will be bringing his '69 ZL-1 Camaro, and possibly his '69 COPO Camaro (if he can get another driver!).

Steven J
08-24-2001, 08:49 PM
Tell Jim that I'd gladly volunteer to drive either car !!! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/bounce/1blue1.gif

[Edited by Steven J (08-24-2001 at 03:49 PM).]

Mr70
08-24-2001, 10:38 PM
I'm holding you to that Steven J.
We are going to this show.
Even if you drive my Ford. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

Steven J
08-25-2001, 03:48 AM
COPO, yes, ZL-1 ?, definitely, Ford Explorer ? I'll think about it......

Chevy454
08-26-2001, 07:44 PM
Well, I mentioned earlier in this thread that Keith Hutson was going to bring either his '69 Yenko Chevelle or his '68 Yenko Camaro. Well, I was wrong...he is bringing BOTH! He lives not too far outside of St. Louis here in Missouri, so he will be driving in early Saturday morning.

COPO
08-29-2001, 09:35 PM
GRRRR http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/mad.gif http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/mad.gif Having engine problems w/my COPO, looks like it will not make it to the Reunion as I don't have time to fix it and the Yenko is not ready either, but I'm determined to come this year w/a car this time so I'm planning to bring my '70 LS-6 Conv. Chevelle I know it's not technically a "supercar", but it ultra rare and I think it will fit in fine. It's a nice #2 car (older resto) It retains the original matching # drivetrain, but I may still run it at the track anyway. We'll see.

I'm also happy to say my 10 year old son is going to ride shotgun for the 9 hour drive to St. Louis. He's really starting to enjoy muscle cars. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

Rob, let me kow if it's a problem for a "non-supercar" to attend.

bkhpah
08-30-2001, 12:32 AM
Push the darn thing in the trailer, we will fix it there. Don't say no..BKH

oboym
08-30-2001, 03:11 AM
i was thinking of making the drive to the show is there some one i can call to get some more details.
thanks, kelly 402-671-4898

Chevy454
08-30-2001, 03:34 AM
Kelly:

What info do you need? Maybe we can help you out here. If not, it will probably be tomorrow afternoon/evening before we can call. What time would be best?

Charlie:

Sorry to hear about the engine http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/frown.gif. What is the diagnosis?

Brian:

Maybe we could time you on how long it would take to rebuild an L-72! Austin Coil had better look out!

[Edited by Chevy454 (08-29-2001 at 10:34 PM).]

oboym
08-30-2001, 03:45 AM
call me any time or i can call you if you email me your phone #

COPO
08-30-2001, 10:24 PM
What's the latest weather forecast for the weekend? Rob, do you have a final count yet on the cars? How is it looking space wise?

Chevy454
08-30-2001, 11:06 PM
Hree is a link to the Collinsville, IL, weather (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USIL0255) ...looks like it is supposed to be sunny. As for the car count, looks like we are at around 45, but there are still a couple of local cars we haven't heard from, and if any others show up then...? We really won't know until Saturday morning, which is probably too late. If we had known, we could have rented more space (there are a couple other big rooms), but last year we only had 21 cars, and since we were moving the location, we had no idea if we would have any cars this year, much less 40+. Hopefully this will help us to plan for next year.

[Edited by Chevy454 (08-30-2001 at 06:06 PM).]

Chevy454
09-01-2001, 01:54 PM
Sure is quiet in here today...I wonder where everyone is...? http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/crazy.gif

[Edited by Chevy454 (09-01-2001 at 08:54 AM).]

Belair62
09-02-2001, 03:05 AM
You guys down in St.Louis are missing out...all the guys that couldn't make it decided to have a show here in Chicago.There are 90 Supercars here with more on the way.Free food,drink,and hotel too. Plus we have Mr70's Malibu Barbie for entertainment !

[Edited by Belair62 (09-01-2001 at 10:05 PM).]

Yenkofan
09-02-2001, 11:31 PM
Well let me the first to say I was there for the first time and I LOVED every minute of it.
I almost peed in my pants when we drove in Friday 1pm and several cars were already out of their trailers. Everyone was so nice and I truly enjoyed putting faces to the names I had heard about, talked to or emailed.

For me the highlights included seeing so many supercars together, and seeing the super rare cars...Ken B's Little Hoss...Rayburn P's Motion Corvette...Carl S's ZL-1 "Chevy Thunder"...Brian H's 69 Yenko race car and Joe S's 68 Harrell chevelle.

I loved hearing the cars..you can't do that in a magazine...

And finally seeing the cars parade and race at the dragstrip...well that was heaven for me.

I really enjoyed meeting you all...till next year...

Gary K from LA.

whitetop
09-02-2001, 11:42 PM
Belair62 also forgot to mention the Hooters convention is in the same hotel and they ran out of rooms so the Hooters people are asking if the girls can stay with us in our rooms. I've got 5 in mine!!
Dave

[Edited by whitetop (09-02-2001 at 06:42 PM).]

Steven J
09-03-2001, 01:23 AM
And I won the '69 Yenko Nova that was raffled off. Mr70 was kind enough to drive it home for me. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

Denis
09-03-2001, 05:16 AM
I "stitched" together photos from inside the Gateway center to show an idea of the setup. Not the best photography, but should give you a feeling. There were over 40 cars in the display area with room to spare (and even an adjoining hall that can be used next year). http://www.corvettes-musclecars.com/reunion/gateway.jpg

69sixpackbee
09-20-2001, 01:35 AM
I did not get over to Collinsville since I was at Gateway to run Saturday evening, but the cars you brought were great to see up close. It reminded me of the old days. I hope to get to see them all next year.
Do you think you will be back in St. Louis and will it be a 2 day event where ever you go?
You really can't get enough of great muscle cars.