PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions

Chris396
06-24-2001, 04:57 AM
I have a couple questions. What time is everything going to be? When does the show start, the cruise, and the racing? I work the third shift and am going to try to flip my schedule so I won't miss anything. Also, is the car show and drag racing open to other musclecars? I'm going to try to talk a guy with a '69Z/28 into coming along. My friend with his '63 340hp Vette will probably come, and he is almost certain to want to race. He also may be able to talk his brother into bringing his original paint '66 L79 Nova.

sYc
06-27-2001, 03:24 AM
Chris; Right now the schedule is as follows. Friday evening we have a conference room at the host hotel reserved for a get together. They will allow us to bring food and drink from the bar/restuarant in, so this should be a fun time, where everyone can greet old friends and meet new ones. I hope to have a special guest or two present, and maybe a collection or two of rare memorabilia for everyone to look at. Saturday AM we will move the supercars into the indoor facility for the non-judged show. Besides the supercars, there is always a lot of rare memorabilia and paperwork to look at. Late Saturday afternoon, we will exit the building and cruise to Gateway for the drag racing and /or showing off the cars. Gateway is going to provide us with a special, well lighted parking area and our own class for the supercars. As in the past, the racing is only for fun, with no brackets or awards. After our class runs 2-3 times, we will return to the hotel, where once again I have a room reserved for another get together. This is always fun, as everyones talks about the drag racing. Also, the indoor facility will be open until midnight, for anyone who did not go on the cruise and needs to remove/load their car. We have tried to condense the activities into Friday evening and Saturday, to allow everyone time to return home and spend the remaining part of the weekend with their families.
You and your friends are more then welcome to attend and bring your cars. As in the past, we plan on reserving one of the lots close to the front door for anyone who drives a musclecar to the event. Even though the main focus of the reunion is the supercars, we all enjoy looking at other musclecars. Of course, you and friends can cruise to the track with us and race. Tom

sixtiesmuscle
06-27-2001, 01:09 PM
Tom, I think that is a great schedule of events. Thanks for the thought, time & effort that went into the planning and organizing of this event. Seems like it stands to be the best one yet, and, I look forward to being there with a car.

sYc
06-27-2001, 09:19 PM
Mike; Thanks for the kind words. Glad you are going to attend and can not wait to see what rare piece you bring. Anyone who has ever been in the parking lot Friday afternoon before the reunion knows what I am talking about. Watching the trailor doors open and seeing what rare iron is about to come to life is worth the trip. It looks like this year will be no exception. I am getting excited just thinking about it. Tom

[Edited by sYc (06-27-2001 at 04:19 PM).]

DarrylD
06-27-2001, 09:22 PM
Tom,
You say we will be moving the cars in saturday AM. Does that mean we won't be able to put them in friday afternoon or night?

sYc
06-27-2001, 09:45 PM
Darryl; Yes, we will not be able to move in until Sat. AM, as I only have the facility leased from 7:00am-midnight Saturday. I just realized that I may have confused people in my last post when I made the comment about watching the cars unload Friday afternoon. Glad you called it to my attention. But, if it goes like the first reunion in Hendersonville, which was a Saturday only show also, most of the early arrivals were "presuaded" to unload Friday. In fact, it was kind of neat, as several owners drove their cars around the area, and some even parked them outside overnight. You do not see that very often. Tom

Chris396
06-28-2001, 01:20 PM
Thanks. Sounds great!