PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Deuce Nova for sale

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-05-2001, 03:43 PM
Some fyi;
There is a '70 Yenko Deuce Nova for sale in this month's Hemmings. The car is a real Yenko, and is owned by Joe Grom from Chevy II Only parts company. Joe purchased the car about 3+ years ago from Mick Price for $8,500, and is asking $14k.

The car does not have it's original engine or trans. The car reportedly does have the correct rear housing, (CBW 0512 G2 E), but does not have 4.10 gears. This is one of three cars found so far that does not have a 4.10 gearset, but has a properly dated set of gears - in this case a 3.55. It is not known if this was a factory fluke, or if they were changed. The car was purchased as a project, with the body on the rotisserie (sp) and the usual 'everything is there in boxes'. No progress has been made on this project within the last 3+ years.

This car is Forest Green, 4speed, no power steering, no dealer options, and was sold out of W.R.Austin Chev. in Norwalk, CT. This car was the 37th car produced, and was asigned Yenko Stock # YS-047. It reportedly has 25,000+/- miles on it.

This car has been for sale for approximately 3 years at $13.5k, and has not sold. It is unlikely that the market for unrestored, non-matching '70 Yenko Novas has moved that much in the last 5-7 years, and therefore the car appears to be overpriced. These cars can get quite expensive to restore correctly, and it would be hard not to get 'upside down' with a car like this one if purchased at $14k. A fair market price for a car like this one is $7.5k to $9k - exactly what Joe paid for it.

Just my perspective!!
M

[Edited by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (10-05-2001 at 10:43 AM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-05-2001, 07:59 PM
The seller can be reached at 502-239-8487, best time is after 6-6:30 pm. Car is located in Taylorsville, KY, 40071.

There was a small photo of this car in Super Chevy Magazine a couple of years ago when Joe's company was a featured vendor. I don't recall which issue though.
M

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-17-2001, 12:54 PM
Numerous guys have contacted me regarding this '70 Yenko Nova, it is still available to my knowledge (as of yesterday morning at least). I have found out that this car has no transmission with it. There is a block that goes with the car, but I don't know if it is a 'CTB' or 'CE' properly dated block. I don't think there is any correct interior pieces, not sure on the glass - which the clear windshields can be very expensive, not to mention properly dated, clear side glass. Will pass along more info as I get it.
M

MikeA
10-25-2001, 08:42 PM
Marlin,

What is the status of this car? Do you know if it sold?

Mike

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-31-2001, 03:14 PM
Mike;
Haven't heard anything about this car, it has been quiet lately.
M

WWJD
11-05-2001, 07:35 PM
Super Chevy December 1998, There is a little write up with the picture of the Deuce on the rotisserie, totally stripped down. Jim

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-05-2001, 08:31 PM
I see that it is still in Hemmings.
M

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Car has reportedly been sold, $8,500.
M