PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro L-89 Convertible--aluminum head

WWJD
10-30-2000, 03:58 AM
Bidding is up Oct.31

This is very rare 1969 Camaro Convertible with the SS 396 option with a twist. This car has the L89 option with the Aluminum Heads, 396 CID, 375 HP engine. It is a most unusual car and I would bet it is impossible to duplicate or replace. If you think you've seen one of these before, you're probably wrong. It has only 3,800 ORIGINAL miles on it. If you are looking for one of the most collectible Camaros ever made, and you let this one go by, you'll regret it forever. Unless it's out of your budget.
In addition to only 3,800 original miles, this car has power steering, power disc brakes, console, spoilers, cowl induction hood, tinted glass, its original Hugger Orange paint job, original white interior and original top. The tires have been changed as they were not road worthy after 32 years.

This car offers, among other things:

Milestone Car Status
Great Styling
Rust Free undamaged body
Low production numbers
Outstanding performance
High appreciation potential
Low miles and professional upkeep
The VIN is: 124679N527589.

This is a real 3,800 mile, 1969 375 HP convertible with matching engine and all components. This is an extremely rare find with original interior and would be impossible to replace.

Payment is due at the end of the auction by wire transfer or cashier's check. Please don't hesitate to ask questions because you will be expected to complete the purchase of this car if you are lucky enough to be the successful bidder. This car is sold AS IS with no warranties either expressed or implied. The owner has over $65,000 invested. You tell me what it is ultimately worth. Fully restored Camaro convertibles of lesser quality bring $30,000+. This car has the rarest engine and miles of any Camaro currently for sale nationwide. Unfortunately this car is expensive, but bid strong and you can own it. Economical shipping is available worldwide. Thanks for looking. Please look at my feedback and bid with confidence

Chevy454
10-30-2000, 11:49 AM
Isn't this the car that was built? I remember reading the ad yesterday or the day before and it said down at the bottom that they had been made aware that the car is NOT a legit L-89...Charley, don't you know about this car? I can't seem to find this ad now.

JoeC
10-30-2000, 12:39 PM
this is the ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=478339467

[Edited by JoeC (10-30-2000 at 07:39 AM).]

Chevy454
10-30-2000, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the link, Joe.

Here's what the seller posted at the very bottom of the ad, after he was "contacted" by people who knew the car.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I feel like the mystery novelist who writes of a crime in Detroit on a certain day and says in the book that it was a rainy night. Sure enough, after the book comes out, 25 people in Detroit write his publisher, mad as hell because they know it wasn't raining that night. Doesn't make a bit of difference to the outcome of the book, but facts are facts. It has been brought to my attention -- and I assure you that I didn't know this beforehand -- that this car was built up in the 1980's to be an SS 396. It started life as a 327. Then, at considerable expense, and sparing no details, it was professionally built to be a 396. The heads alone cost over $3,800 even back then, and are date coded to the car. The miles are absolutely correct at 3,800 and the car is gorgeous. All numbers match and all components are correct. However, it is a clone, not an original. This car could not be duplicated today for less than $60,000 and most knowledgeable people agree. I apologize for any confusion. The car is worth every dime of $50,000 -- but it is a clone, not an original.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Edited by Chevy454 (10-30-2000 at 08:40 AM).]