PDA

View Full Version : 68 Berger Z28

firstgenaddict
12-29-2001, 01:51 PM
Did Berger make a 68 Z28 if so did they equip the car with service replacement blocks instead of using the original MO block did they install traction bars? did Berger use a special fibreglass hood on 68's Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stefano
12-30-2001, 05:25 AM
While GM did not push the 1968 Z28 with much of a marketing effort, any dealership that wanted to order one was, for the most part, able to get it, unlike the 1967 Z28s.

It wouldn't make much sense for Berger to order an SS Camaro load it up (ie: disk brakes) and swap in a 302. The car wouldn't be equiped with the 15x6 DF Rally Wheels and the tac if ordered would not be correct.( not all 68 Z28s received the correct tac.)

I do not know if Berger was building Super Cars prior to 1969.I have never seen a Car or info to support this, but list members will correct me if I am wrong http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

They did however order and sell COPO Camaros in 1969. The number of Camaros ordered ranges between 35 and 50 depending on who you speak to.

There are no official dealer Documents (per the Bergers)to substantiate total production.

firstgenaddict
12-30-2001, 05:49 AM
the car that I am speaking of is a Z not a SS I know that 67 and 68 Z had the small journal crankshaft and smaller bolts in the connecting rods. so I was wondering did they put a stouter shortblock that was balanced, blueprinted with 12.5 comp. and the hotter offroad cam?

TDW
01-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Dont know if this will help at all, but in this months Hemmings there is a 68z28 in Grand Rapids Michigan. I called and the owner said that the car was put together and sold by Berger. He has no paperwork, but said he knows both previous owners and can put the car buyer in touch with Tom at Berger. If you want his phone number, email me. Tony

Kurt S
01-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Berger sold regular 68 Z's, just like other dealers. A friend has one of their showroom cars, very loaded 68 RS Z. Everything is original and like it should be from the factory.
No idea what Berger would dealer install if you had the $$.

And all 68 small blocks had the larger bearing journals.