PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Car Insurance

Ray Dupont
02-25-2002, 10:43 PM
I have been trying to get ins. on my copo camaro. Any ins. companys I have spoke with,say even if you exibition race you are not eligible.Does any know of an ins. co.that would cover or is it don't tell and race anyway Ray

COPO
02-26-2002, 01:23 AM
I think the last sentence of your post sums it up. Check out www.hagerty.com (http://www.hagerty.com)

shor
02-26-2002, 01:42 AM
I was a member of the Viper club and every year they used to get together and do something different. One year(97)when the viper was pace car at Indy we as members got a chance to do a lap around the track the day before the race. Another year, I think 99, we met in florida and raced for a full day at some sort of track an hour from Orlando...It was an old airstrip...Sebring? I am not sure...anyway the point is that the club, VCA, is involved somehow with Dodge and as club members some of our dues went to pay for insurance for these events...liability only! I know there is an exclusion in my regular auto policy for"racing and racing type events". Maybe we as members should look at getting some sort of liabilty coverage for our yearly events.Any ideas?

copo69
02-26-2002, 07:20 PM
I think if you look at your auto policy you will find exclusions for racing activities. I think this applies to the physical damage and liability coverages also.

Ray Dupont
02-26-2002, 10:03 PM
I can see not being covered while racing,but any ins. co. that I have spoke with won't cover you at all if you do race at all.

Belair62
02-26-2002, 11:36 PM
Try Lloyds of London !!!!

Stefano
02-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Charlie ,is one of the Lloyds of London.

Chevy454
02-27-2002, 01:18 AM
Before the first Supercar Reunion EVER went down, we were on the phone asking about insurance for the racing part of the event (which we thought we HAD to have). Well, we found out that if it IS NOT a timed event, then it would be covered by insurance. Those of you that attended the racing the first year will remember the timing lights were turned off for the first run down the track. We made all of the owners aware of this. But, the second run was FOR TIME, and was not gonna be covered by the insurance, but amazingly, everyone ran the second time! Go figure!

Stefano
02-27-2002, 03:23 AM
Be carfull, every companies policy is worded differently. Companies vary coverage from state to state as well. Terms like closed circuit or course, Competition, Speed trials, ect. ect.
You are better off having an Attorney review the policy, for specific exclusions, as many agents do not follow all the loop holes.