PDA

View Full Version : 71 Yenko Nova???

HOGWild
06-21-2000, 08:19 PM
I am considering buying a Œ71 Nova that is supposed to be a Yenko. Can anyone tell me how I can tell if this thing is a real Yenko? I would greatly appreciate a response from anyone who can point me towards any sources of information on YenkoÃs, particularly with regards to production numbers and options.

Thanks for the help,

Jim

bkhpah
06-22-2000, 03:47 AM
There are no 71 Yenko Nova's. Be careful.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-23-2000, 06:35 PM
Jim:

To my knowledge there were no '71 Yenko Novas. There were only '69 427 transplants (approx. 37 made), and '70 double COPO LT1 Novas (approx. 175 made).

If this car turns out to be '70, it would need to be one of the following colors-codes; Cortez Silver-14, Fathom Blue-28, Citrus Green-43, Forest Green-48, Gobi Beige-50, Sunflower Yellow-52, Huggar Orange-65, and Cranberry Red-75. The '70 Yenko Novas all came with standard black bench seats, and rubber floor mat. They also all came with at least one factory option, ZJ3-Special Interior Group. This consisted of; right side door switch for dome light, glove compartment light, cigarette lighter, bright trim around the pedals, bright trim around the dome light, and a day/night rear view mirror. These cars must have either an M21 4-speed, or a TH400 automatic. The automatics came with the gear selector on the column, Yenko/Hurst relocated them to the floor-no console, even for the optional dual gate shifters. The rear was the standard 12 bolt, 4.10 posi, but had special hardened ring gear, pinion, and axle shafts. The rears received a special ID code just like the '69 COPO cars, but the engines did not. The engines use the '70 Camaro Z28 ID codes along with the Nova VIN sequence.

There are frequent 'sitings' of post '70 Yenko Novas, but none have ever had any documentation and so they usually fade away. There are some '70 Novas that are claimed as Yenkos, but they are actually just cars that were sold out of Yenko Chev, not through Yenko Sports Cars Inc.

Be Careful,
Marlin