PDA

View Full Version : what is it?

ryano
09-29-2000, 04:20 PM
I am currently looking at a '68 camaro RS convertable that has yenko emblems on it. The emblems are on the rear of the car between the brake light and the gas cap and on the glove compartment. There are no other emblems or stickers on the car denoting Yenko. The car was repainted ten years ago by a different owner. So possibly the stickers were just never put back on. The paperwork that came with the car denotes that it is a yenko, but I have never heard of a convertible or a small block Yenko. Can someone tell me if this car is just some sort of mock-up, or should I be jumping all over this car? Any information would be extremely appreciated.Thanks

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-30-2000, 05:28 AM
Yenko Chevrolet placed YENKO emblems on all of their cars, not just the COPO or transplant cars. We have seen station wagons, pickups, and non-GM cars with YENKO emblems. If the car has paperwork that denotes a Yenko Chev. engine transplant, then you might be on to something. Otherwise, it is probably a nicely optioned car that happened to be sold out of Yenko Chev. We ran into a Dana Chev. '68 Z28 yesterday at Carlisle, nothing unusual, it was just a nice car sold out of a famous dealer.

Good Luck, hope you buy it,
Marlin