PDA

View Full Version : Torq-Thrust D's

StealthBird
10-03-2000, 02:38 PM
Hi guys. I'm new to this board, and had a question about the Torq-Thrust D's a lot of you guys are running. Has anyone used the 15 x 8 Torq-Thrust D's on a 69 Camaro? I know the 15 x 7 will work, but was curious if anyone used the 15 x 8's before. Will they fit, and if so, what size tire will work on these rims without getting into shock mount trouble?

Thanks!

Chevy454
10-03-2000, 04:36 PM
Hey Mike!

I saw you joined the board, so I dug out my Muscle Car Review...here is what I found:

In the article about Simpson's 3 COPO cars and the BFG Drag Radials, Simpson ran a P275/50x15 on a 10 inch wheel, and it seemed to handle it fine.

Hey, you should edit your profile and in the "Homepage" blank add a link to that article on that Poncho web page about your 'Bird...I thought it was very cool!

StealthBird
10-04-2000, 05:59 AM
Hey Rob! Thanks for the thumbs up. As you know, I'm a Yenko fan, but my car has an arrowhead on the front with split grilles. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the 15 x 8's, but thanks for looking through the old MCR's. I took a look as well, but didn't see any reference to the 15 x 8's. I guess another question would be if anyone has ordered Torq-Thrust D's with a different backspacing than stock?

Chevy454
10-04-2000, 11:29 PM
What size are the rest of the Yenko Camaro owners here running? 15x7? Is anyone running the 15x8s?

Also, I think I heard where some of you have bead blasted(?) the spokes to shine them up...is this correct?

Here's a link to a page about Mike's Firebird: http://www.pontiaconline.com/members/22/ (Some of you might recognize it from the issue of Muscle Car Reviewthat had the '99 Supercar Reunion in it)

Charley Lillard
10-05-2000, 04:13 AM
I remember drooling over that car. What a great way to build a sleeper. Anyone reading this should click on the Link in the above post and read about the Firebird. Great car. Tell me if you ever get tired of it and want to go slow in a Chevy. :-)