PDA

View Full Version : # of forums

Kurt S
06-02-2002, 06:59 AM
I kinda think there are too many forums.
Lotta clicking to get to look at them all. And the 'show past 48 hrs' can be a big list, with a single topic repeated 10 times if there have been 10 new posts.

Minor request:
The date posted is the first thing I check to figure out the timeline of the topic. Anyway to put it more central like it used to be? Or more prominent or bold or??

Thanks for the upgrade!
Kurt

Chevy454
06-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Kurt:

I wasn't too sure about the # of forums when I set it up either. I will admit, I like the different forums for the dealer/copo cars, but just kind of likewarm on the others.

I understand the post made "within last 24 hours" thing as well. The ONLY problem I see with that and the search feature is that is lists POSTS of relevance instead of THREADS with relevance. Our old board was the opposite, and cut down on the # of returns, as it's more specific. A good example is the "last post by" link on the main board page. If you click on it, it takes you to the last POST, not the beginning of that thread.

Believe it or not, about 2 hours after I got the board set up, I was trying to change this! I am working on it with some board hackers, but we haven't came up with anything....yet.

As for the date posted thing, I will take a look at that as well. I have a pretty good idea what code controls that.

So, anything else? /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif