PDA

View Full Version : YS-014 Information

Nicola
06-07-2002, 05:08 AM
How do I go about researching a 70 Yenko Deuce YS-014 vin # 114270W352XXX ?
Thank You

COPO PETE
06-07-2002, 10:03 AM
What do you wish to know about it???? Marlin is the man to really talk to. From what I know, Silver,4-speed, sold at Central Motors in Hamilton Ohio. First week of June car. I believe Ed Cunneen used to own this car a few years ago.
Peter

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-07-2002, 12:16 PM
Pete is right on the money, and I believe Ed still owns the car. Ed performed a restoration on it a few years ago, car was in very rough shape when he acquired it from Gary H.

The unique thing about this car is that it was sold by Yenko salesman 'D.C.', anyone know who that was?
M

Mr70
06-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Dick Clark did moonlight in those years from American Bandstand. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Ed Cunneen
06-10-2002, 08:49 PM
I still own the car. Marlin, it wasn't in real rough shape. It just needed a little loving care and lots of $$$ to make it beautiful again :}

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Ed;
Sorry, don't mean to misrepresent. I know it was a good project that J.Griffin had no trouble selling both times. I think he sold it initially to a woman in Chicago, and then she had trouble with her body shop so he went and bought it back from her and sold it right away to G.H. Johnny had some nice NOS quarters and other sheetmetal that went with the car. He showed me some pics of it from both times he owned it. I don't know where he found it though, he's owned 5 over the years!!
M

Stefano
06-11-2002, 02:00 AM
A Silver Deuce would look real nice next to a Silver Copo and a Silver Stinger. Do you know of any for sale?

Chevy454
06-11-2002, 02:51 AM
"D.C." would be Richard "Dick" Callander. He was very involved with Yenko, both as a salesman and as a companion with Don on numerous racing experiences. Before his passing a couple of years ago, he told me several stories related to Don and Yenko Chevrolet, including a story about the first time they drove the "protoype" Deuce and stopped to get gas. Everyone at the station crowded around the car, some wanting to see under the hood, others wanting to hear it. Dick and friend had to wait for everyone to leave before starting the car, as the first Deuce was a 6 cyl. car. Tom