PDA

View Full Version : white copo

shor
06-14-2002, 12:32 AM
anyone know this car?
sounds intersting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE CHEVROLET: 1969 CAMARO 1969 COPO CAMARO (427) This little time capsule was one of the Lamar / Waldon test cars. It has 462 original miles. They were given this car and a matching 69 ZL1 and were CHEVROLET sponsored. It is white with blue interior, has the matching #Ãs 427/425hp engine, date code correct 4 speed transmission, and #Ãs matching œBE” rear end. The car is listed in the COPO registry and is very well known. It is a factory exterior chrome car w/ rally wheels, factory functional cowl hood, correct bias tires, hoses, hose clamps, smog equipment, factory front / rear spoiler car, console delete, radio delete, blue standard bucket seats, factory style transverse muffler w/ dual exhaust, copy of original window sticker, etc. It was delivered new at Brooks CHEVROLET in Millen , Georgia. The car looks, rides, drives and functions as a new car should. The car is super nice top and bottom. If it has a weakness it would be the paint. The paint is 30 years old and I would rank it a 8 out of a possible 10. The interior is a 10! The engine compartment, trunk and underside are a 9. Serious inquiries only, Please! I will e-mail detailed photos upon request. $79,500 Contact: [email protected], AR

06-14-2002, 12:58 AM
This car used to be owned by Ed Ulyate (sorry for incorrect spelling..). He is a collector based out of Florida. Also maintains some cars here is VA, out around Charlotville.

Charley Lillard
06-14-2002, 02:14 AM
Look under past Feature cars. I think it just sold at a Auction for 62 K ? I also think our Famous Mr Tuttle, aka Musclecarnutz was involved. And I thought the car that Ed Ulyate owned was the matching White ZL1 that Reggie now has.

Jeff H
06-14-2002, 02:20 AM
Hey Shor, were you at the East Coast Camaro Gathering 2 weekends ago? There was a silver Copo with blue interior there. There was also a yellow Yenko(I think the owner is Richard Shelly). I found a new owner for my 93 Indy Pace Car at that show so now I can finally dump the money into my JL8 car.
Jeff H.

Stefano
06-14-2002, 05:54 AM
It sounds like Mr. Gassers former COPO. If so, I believe the winning bid was $48,000.00 plus fees. I don't think the paint is 30 years old, but Mr. Gasser can fill the gaps.

TimG
06-14-2002, 01:31 PM
I feel fairly sure that I saw this car auctioned off at Road America in Elkhart Lake last July. A vehicle that fits this description was in the big tent and I looked at it numerous times. Had COPO certification sheet on the car.

06-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Perhaps I was thinking of Ed owning another car...It has been about 7 years since I saw his cars...went to look at a black on black '69 JL8 RS/Z...nice car but no paperwork and a LA car to boot...

Stefano
06-14-2002, 03:57 PM
TimG,
The COPO you and I are refering to was indeed sold at the Mecum Road America auction last Summer.

It was however just resold at the recent Mecum Spring Classic.

JoeC
06-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Swinging Syd had a white COPO back in the day here is a link

http://www.sd455.com/crmswennes.htm

shor
06-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Stefano, do you recall the prices of those two auctions?
Jeff, no I wasn't there, but I hope to make York. Hope to see you there.