PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Deuce w/427?

Mike
06-25-2002, 03:22 AM
Did any of the first '70 Yenko Deuce Novas have 427's or were they all 350's. I had a conversation with a guy today that said he was the second owner of an orange Yenko Deuce but he said it had a 427 with a turbo 400 in it and not a 350? He also said it had a white interior. Was that possible? Does anybody know of this car, it was in Syracuse, NY as of about 3 years ago?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-25-2002, 12:04 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif
Mike;
There are several '70 Yenko Deuces with 427's in them, all installed by the owners - not Yenko. The orange a/t deuce that was in Syracuse has been in Erie, PA for a long time so not sure if it was the same car. I have heard a lot of stories like this one, in fact there is one in Texas right now, another orange one in Maryland (454), Gobi Beige in PA, ect.... Never heard of any Deuces with white interiors installed by anyone!

Mike
09-13-2002, 07:26 PM
Marlin,

How many Yenko Deuces were delivered in Hugger Orange? I've had additional conversations with the second owner of this car. The interior was black and it had white stripes, sorry I got my details crossed. Supposedly he has pictures of it.

Still searching.

Mike

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Mike;
There were 10 Yenko Deuce Novas in Huggar Orange, 8 4speeds and 2 automatics. One of the a/t's went to Bresee Chev. in Syracuse, NY. The current owner in Erie, PA found it by placing an ad in the NY newspaper looking for Yenko Camaros. Somebody called him about this Yenko Nova, and he bought it and had it restored. It has white stripes on it now, but I'm not sure what color it had on it when new.

Can you get a copy of this guy's pictures? Does he know what dealership it was sold out of? I know where 8 of the remaining 9 huggar orange deuces were sold out of, not sure on the 9th one. The other 8 were not sold in NY, PA or NJ.

Mike
09-13-2002, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the reply Marlin. How long has this person in Erie owned his Duece? The story I got was the second owner purchased it from a kid in Skaneateles, NY who got in trouble for drag racing it too much. When the second owner got it it had a 427 in it and a turbo 400. He later sold it to a guy in Syracuse for his daughter. The new owner had the second owner remove the 427 and the rearend and replace it with a milder 350 and 10 bolt (the second owner owns a auto service station). He told me the third owner came back several years later and purchased the motor back. The rearend he sold to someone else. As of at least three years ago the car was in Syracuse (unless he's lost track of time). It sounds like the Erie,PA car could be this car. Is the Erie, PA owner a member to this board? I'd like to talk to him.

I'm going to call him (the second owner) early next week. I'll see if I can get a copy of the photo(s).

Mike

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Any luck?