PDA

View Full Version : 70 LS6 convertible, 70 LS6 hardtop, 69 yenko camar

mc25t190
07-17-2002, 12:33 AM
A 4th child due presents an oppurtunity. the wife says i need more room something has to go ( competition water skiing or some cars ) and i ski for free, the cars aren't free. the LS6's will be sold as a pair, the camaro on its on. serious inquiries only! [email protected]. 0r 336 215 4387. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

SS427
07-17-2002, 03:07 AM
Kevin,
I know about the coupe but please give me the stats on the convert. You can e-mail me if you prefer. Thanks,
Rick

Chevy454
07-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Bummer, Kevin...hope my wife doesn't get any ideas...

mc25t190
07-18-2002, 10:42 AM
thanks for the numerous calls and emails, won't be able to get pics of the chevelles out until the weekend 7/21/02

mc25t190
07-22-2002, 01:23 AM
hey guys, the pics are ready, thanks for your patience! i will be out of town july 22nd thru july 24th, call 336 215 4387. more big blocks!

Mr70
07-22-2002, 03:40 AM
No offense...but what the Hell kinda picture is that??
And it is only one showing nothing but the front end coming out of a trailer.
How about more then one picture,and showing us the details of the entire car..
Inquiring minds want to know. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

mc25t190
07-22-2002, 04:01 AM
no pictures will be posted on this site, only to buyers!

Mr70
07-23-2002, 12:49 PM
How do I become a buyer??
You are not answering our emails?? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

SS427
07-23-2002, 01:57 PM
I too have made 3 requests????? /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif What's up? Talked to my buyer/friend last night and he is now quickly becoming a non interested buyer. Likely a good reason Kevin, inquiring minds just want to know.

Chevy454
07-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Just a guess here, but re-read his post above: "I will be out of town july 22nd thru july 24th".

SS427
07-23-2002, 02:28 PM
Rob, I agree and I am giving Kevin the benefit of the doubt but my first post was July 16th and my first e-mail to him was shortly after that. Not a huge issue, I am just attempting to mate a buyer with a seller of which I am not at all financially compensated for, just part of the hobby.

mc25t190
07-23-2002, 03:52 PM
mr 70
i haven't gotten an email at [email protected] from you. i would be happy to send pics. read above i am out of town until the 25th. send an email and would be happy to pics out. the pic i posted was by mistake in the warehouse. the pics were ready sunday night and left town monday am. i will email to your home address if you like. thanks, kevin hand

mc25t190
07-23-2002, 04:00 PM
ss 427
just checking my email from out of town. i have tried to email you pics 3 times but keep getting them returned. from memory ricknelson427@ removemefirst hotmail.com, correct? i am sorry but, as noted earlier in the post i said it would be this past sunday that the pics would be done. i left to go out of town until the 25th. i tried 3 times several different way to get the emails to go thru but wer returned to me. email me at [email protected] and when i get home i will open the email and reply so i can get the correct email address. thanks for you patience!
sincerely,
kevin hand call me 336 215 4387

Chevy454
07-23-2002, 04:06 PM
"I see!" said the blind man. You have to remove the "remove_me_first" part of the email address. That is put in their to eliminate spam, which gathers addresses from bulletin boards. Just follow the instructions, and "remove_me_first"! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

mc25t190
07-23-2002, 04:08 PM
as you can see i am not a computer whiz!

JoeC
07-23-2002, 04:15 PM
Kevin, I think I still have a picture of your cars in front of your house. I can post it if you like and it will give a general idea of the cars but not detail.

SS427
07-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Like I said earlier, there was likely a good reason. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif In the future, simply hit "reply" on the e-mail and it will automatically return the response to the sender. I believe I have several photos of the car as well in front of your house but I am missing all relevant stats on the car as well as price. Thanks,
Rick

mc25t190
07-25-2002, 11:04 AM
rick,
i sent 35 pics of each car, i hope you got them. i will not be posting pics on this site. any questions refer to above ph #. thanks

mc25t190
07-25-2002, 11:08 AM
thanks joe c , but, none of those pics are of the chevelles.

BACK IN TOWN FOR ANY INQUIRIES, thanks to all for your patience, i was out of town when i made the original post!

SS427
07-25-2002, 11:53 AM
Kevin,
I did not get any photos from you but did get 3 very nice ones of a different 'vehicle' from Jeff. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif It could be that my hotmail e-mail space was used up when you tried sending them as Jeff's file was VERY large. Please try again. The buyer does have your number already.

Kevin, correction. I was informed by another member this morning that my e-mail went to them instead. I have since e-mailed you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif
Thanks,
Rick

JChlupsa
07-25-2002, 04:32 PM
Sorry bout the size of the file i didnt relize how big they were but then again to get that "Vehicle" you would have to sell al the LS6 Chevelles made

SS427
07-25-2002, 06:29 PM
No sweat Jeff, not your fault, my hotmail account is just small that's all.

In addition to having to sell a bunch of LS-6's to own that 'vehicle', you would have to sell at least one just to buy a ride in one which is possible I might add. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
Rick

mc25t190
07-26-2002, 03:08 AM
rick,
what else to do, everyone who has requested pics have gotten them but you. whats up? is your file too small, i cut back the # of pics the last time. kevin

SS427
07-26-2002, 11:54 AM
I think they call that operator malfunction. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
I received them this morning just fine. Got what I need and will forward on. Boy would I hate to drive that car up and down those ramps more than once! Thanks,
Rick

mc25t190
07-26-2002, 09:51 PM
i've done it 100 times without a spotter. climate controlled is hard to beat. the place holds 10 cars for 300 mth.

07-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Come on Kevin! I can't buy, but I still want to see! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

mc25t190
08-02-2002, 10:57 AM
ok dave, a teaser shot

mc25t190
08-02-2002, 11:04 AM
one more

mc25t190
08-06-2002, 02:49 AM
yenko camaro is sold!

69rsss350
08-06-2002, 03:34 AM
Damn and I have been trying so hard to sell my wife's beanie babies to buy that thing! LOL
Hopefully though some one who is a member of this board bought it so we can see more pictures or mabye even the actual car. What an awesome car!

yountto
08-25-2002, 04:18 PM
I am wondering why there is not ONE reference to the buildsheet on this car either by the seller or the members who post questions here?[I do now see in the Hemmings Motor News that there isnt reference to having a buildsheet to the car...It seemed to be THE major issue on my car to you guys,including a "that[authenticity] wont slip by anyone" that was posted from the same owner of the car now being sold.. Not looking to be confrontational and get smart remarks back,im simply curious as to the sudden reversal of attitudes here...Thank You

copolocater
08-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Your question is understandable.Let me make 3 points:1 Do you have a build sheet?Yes. 2 Is the car in your garage? Yes. 3 Do you own the car? Yes.Any serious buyer doesn't care what is said ,good or bad, about the car.I listen ,but in the end the only opinion I really care about is my own because I'm the one footing the bill.Nuff said. And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif You'll sell the car be patient.

Stefano
09-17-2002, 02:06 AM
Is the Green LS6 Rag with the Build Sheet still for sale?

mc25t190
09-23-2002, 03:03 AM
dust in the wind!

shor
09-23-2002, 04:11 AM
welcome home guys. it'll be nice to now put faces with alot of the names. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Stefano
09-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Kevin,
Documentation is important, I still would have liked to see the build sheet on the Green Chevelle.

While both LS6s speak for themselves they are two of the most documented LS6's I have ever seen and I do believe the Triple Black convertible to be one of the first ragtops ever built. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

mc25t190
09-27-2002, 05:26 PM
all cars were sold to some very quality people on this site. thanks for the positive support from all members and there positive threads. you all are a great group of guys!

yountto
09-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Its refreshing to see a 70 ls6 convertible sell for major $$ without anyone doubting its authenticity or dwelling on the fact that it didnt have a factory build sheet...Good for you...I know some of the past owners of that car...It can only raise the bar for the genuine build sheet cars..

Stefano
09-27-2002, 09:42 PM
The build sheet would be a nice plus,to all the other existing documentation. There is a small/remote chance that it is still in the car somewhere, as the last few previous owners didn't feel the need to tear the car appart to look for it.

It is in my opinion one of the best documented LS6 M22 ragtops in existence. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Most Van Nuys built Chevelles were not necessarily riddled with build sheets such as some of the other plants cars. They were usually placed on top of the gas tank and thus were less likely to survive or be noticed.

This LS6 has numerous documents which help authenticate the car, as well as a verifiable pedigree back to Day one and of course the most important aspect of all the LS6 Chevelle itself.

If this car had a build sheet along with none of the other documents and verifiable chain of ownership I wouldn't have been interested.

BTW, Thanks, I can't wait to get it home. Ricky Smith is it ready yet?

shor
09-27-2002, 11:11 PM
Don't forget the MSO!! How often do you get one of those?

Stefano
09-27-2002, 11:58 PM
Shor,
Even the Gold Coupe has a Copy of the MSO! There is room for the whole family in either of the two LS6 Chevelles.

mc25t190
09-29-2002, 03:23 AM
it is a very good chance that the build sheet could be under the drivers seat as well, my mechanical skills will allow me to change a battery and a tire, interior work is above my head unless i have some thread and a needle. you might get a pleasant surprise. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif <font color="blue"> </font color>

yountto
09-29-2002, 03:53 PM
We are to believe that an Ls6 convertible that is missing the most crucial piece of paperwork[the buildsheet],has had owners and potential investors[i know both] ,who were questioned time after time for the existance of the document, that forgot to maybe look under the seats????????Theyve combed the US looking for copies of titles,owners, and msos and looking for info from documented ls6 convertible owners,but take a seat out??no way,too difficult....maybe it will show up in the glovebox,as sometimes the latches get sticky and you really have to be a mechanic to open it!...Its been looked for already[you see, i have my sources too].....this is the exact reason why i dont give copies of my buildsheet out,it seems like everyone past and present that has had contact with the black car has had alot of interest in obtaining a copy[hmmmn].....what happened to the registry of ls6 convertibles that the previous owner[1999] started a few years back, does anyone know??....I wish Good luck to the new owner of the car..but since youve first questioned the integrity of my car[along with the seller of your car] without knowing my car,the paperwork,or me personally[and i have a factory buildsheet and owner,title, and racing history!!!!!!!!!!]...ive at least commented on what i know and have been told by people who looked at the car in the past 4 years,not out of jealousy ...ive seen the paperwork on the car... everyone has a right to thier opinion.Bashing non members cars without ever seeing the cars or papers[yes, the real ones ] and documenting by "committee" of each others cars seems to be a daily event on this site.....a great site otherwise.

COPO
09-29-2002, 04:44 PM
I owned this car for about 2 1/2 years and after acquiring the car, started a registry of LS-6 convertibles in 1999, in part to attempt to prove or disprove the "19 built" statement. I don't know you and have never met you and I take offense to the insinuations in your post as they appear to at least be partially directed my way. /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif I have never said a word about you or your car as I know nothing about it. I do know in putting together the registry you were the only owner I contacted that was unwilling to share info about their car (which of course is your right). As far as sharing buildsheets, I have 6 or so copies from different LS-6 convertibles, and as I'm sure you know there is certainly nothing unique or secret about them. Maybe you can explain, why the secrecy surrounding your car's buildsheet??

As far as looking for the buildsheet in the car, I never felt the need to as the car previously had a frame-off resto and I felt it would have already been discovered if it was still present in the car. There's a remote possibility it's still in there. While by no means a professional restorer, I know my way around a musclecar and have pretty solid mechanical abilities. I have a '69 Yenko Camaro, '69 COPO Camaro and a '69 Baldwin Motion Camaro and I haven't torn any of them apart looking for buildsheets either.

Finally, I sure didn't scour the country looking for owners and documents. I merely did a title search to fill in the chain of ownership. The triple black car is heavily documented and retains it's matching # drivetrain. It also has a notarized affadavit from the original owner and a host of other documents. This car is a great example of one of the first if not THE first LS-6 convertibles built and speaks for itself.

If you have a problem with others on the board or the most recent owner, fine, but don't lump everyone together and get your facts straight. As far as the LS-6 conv. registry goes, If you were unwilling to contribute to it, why would you expect to receive any information about it??

I don't plan to respond to any other posts, but wanted to set the record straight. You can email me offline if needed. These types of posts don't do the board any good. Good luck w/the sale of your car. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Stefano
09-29-2002, 06:24 PM
yountoo,
You need to reread my posts if you think I bashed you or your car. I did ask to see a copy of the build sheet as it would document another very early LS6 Convertible. I also had some sarcastic fun with your $100.00 to $10,000.00 offer/challenge on e-bay. So for that I do appologize.

There are quite a few qualied buyers/collectors who are members of this site and had an interest in viewing the Build Sheet and maybe even purchasing your car! It is certainly your option of whether or not to disclose it on this site.

Your green car, the triple black one as well as a couple of other LS6 Convertibles were available for sale at the same time. I chose to purchase the one I prefer overall.

Since you know the previous owners and have info. on my LS6, are you inferring that my car is not a real LS6, since it does not have the build sheet or that yours is better because it does?

I too have/had more than one Muscle car and have not rushed to try and find build sheets on them as the probability of finding one would be very low.

I do inturn look for a build sheet when there are no other forms of documentation, so it depends on the situation.

I do appreciate 'COPO's research on the car and it was one of my reasons for purchasing the LS6. It is not the first one of his former cars that I have purchased and would like to have all his collection,if I could afford to, especially the Daytona Yellow Phase III Baldwin Motion Camaro!

As far as the previous owner who sold it to me. I have nothing but positive statements. He represented everything in an accurate manor and the transaction was smooth as silk. He even provided me with more documentation than we agreed to and his collection is not too shabby either /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

If you feel compelled to reply lets not clutter the site with any more of this nonscense and e-mail me direct.

hvychev
09-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Stefano, you bought the LS6 convert too!!! Yenko, Stinger, LS6 convert, what else?! You are putting together quite a stable. Can I come over and drive some of them? /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Please... /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

mc25t190
09-30-2002, 02:38 PM
amen charlie!

yountto
10-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Just a small observation.I noticed the black ls6 convertible is being advertised as "the only triple black cowl induction car ever built" on the chevelle site...since this site is dedicated to pointing out owners who misrepresent their cars,maybe someone can show him a picture of Milt Robsons former[Charlie Sheens car]...That is if you criticize your own...

Mr70
10-02-2002, 10:29 PM
In 1988 there was a Black LS-6 Convert. with Black top in Ohio.The owner was a Club Member,and the car was his that he bought in 1981 locally there and he was the third owner.
This car has a Buildsheet to prove its LS-6 heritage.
Bench seats,working Cowl Induction Hood with stripes and pins.Full gauges,M-22 Trans.4:10 Posi,Power Top. This Chevelle has been restored.
I just found the story and pictures from this Chevelle and thought I would share them here.

I also found a FOREST GREEN (Not Fathom) LS-6 Convertible as well that has a white Bucket seat,M-22,Cowl ind.Hood.Great Pictures and story with that one as well.
Just a small observation,not Bashing anyone in particular who is trying to sell a Fathom Green LS-6 Chevelle Convt.on another website.......

yountto
10-02-2002, 11:18 PM
I think by now Mr70,everyone on this site has probably had enough of you and your inferiority complex..I am willing to go to the bank tommorrow and withdraw 50000.00 and you get it if my car isnt a real buildsheet car,since you couldnt raise the 100.00 last time lets make it 50.00 that you put up.Then you can keep your mouth shut regarding a car and a buildsheet youve NEVER seen....actually i think the color of the car is Envy green....

sYc
10-02-2002, 11:43 PM
Yountto. Please identify yourself by completing your profile, including email address. Tom

Souperhigh
10-03-2002, 01:13 AM
Yountto,I have alot of money, as well as do most of the real guys here.I will be glad to put up some money, any amount, but first I need to know who to make the cashiers check out to or even where to send paypal money.If your car is real, then I might buy it, instead of the one Worldwide Muscle Cars has at the Kruse auction in Dallas this November. If it is not real, then I am sure you would donate it to a charity to be beaten with hammers for a fund raiser next year at the reunion would you not???Just in case you do, please let Mr. Clary keep it in his possession until then. I will pay the storage.

John
10-03-2002, 04:07 AM
a person on Ebay uses the screen name of "yountto"....Hmmmmm?

yountto
10-03-2002, 11:07 PM
To all concerned, it seems there is someone intent on emailing and posting ads to members etc on my behalf falsly using references,my user id and/or email address on this and other sites. For this reason I will officially no longer post anything on this site[ad or post],Im sure i wont be missed. I can assure anyone interested in either buying the ls6 or parts two things. 1]The Ls6 convertible is the real deal,ive since sent a note to the administrator of this site that I put up a copy of the legitimate buildsheet with only one thing in return. And that is simply that he acknowledge in writing on this site that the car is genuine as some have suggested i do and to acknowledge that the individuals bashing the car made a hasty accusation . This is not to say that this site is THE authority on documenting Ls6 convertibles,but since the challenge was started here with absolutely no merit ,its only fitting that the truth come out here also so we can all stop bickering, and finally acknowledge a pristine example of an ls6 convertible . I believe all this bitterness is based on the fact that i was the first one to show up in Detroit[especially when its so close to Illinois] after seeing the Ad in hemmings 5 years ago for the ls6 convertible in question,and it seems a few of its critics on here were a few hours late getting to the car and actually tried to buy the car out from under me and failed.Had this member bought the car instead of me ,it would have been the find of the century on these posts,with absolutely no doubt to its pedigree and plenty of members to jump on the authenticity bandwagon.I realize some of this started by a typo of a Jan 69 build date in my ad,but anyone with any knowledge knows thats a 1969 vehicle production date not a 1970,but the member who tried buying the car knows its real and still continues on,why be bitter if you lost out on a clone???Im still wondering why members cars need only a few other members consent to be legit when real buildsheet cars from outsiders are bashed???Incredible ... And secondly that the ad i posted is not a hoax or a joke.Unfortunately for both of us there are many people emailing regarding the parts with false email addresses[perhaps this being their way of retaliation for me sticking up for a legit Ls6 convertible] and for that reason i dont see a need to further return emails responding to the ad as i cant tell whos real and whos not,sorry about that.I did not intentionally leave out an email adress either. So you see so far on this site i have been accused of having a clone ls6 and also posting ads as a hoax for fun ,from those who criticize solely out of jealousy and spite.Quite a welcome ....I am 100% sure i could have helped many more people on this site [as i have in the past,thanks guys]with some rare and exotic 427 parts and other interesting motors and Nos parts for thier cars .I also dont think this site needs the negativity an outsider with an ultra rare musclecar brings to it,nor am i interested in further replys,ive only stated facts. . Remember, being a member of this site or having millions of dollars is not a prerequisit to owning legit cars[I just happened to get hemmings first that month and had a friend willing to drive to Detroit on a moments notice ,thats why i got the car] Im just a poor guy that got lucky . .Ill be waiting to hear from the Administrator who runs this site on my offer im sure other than making a few experts on this site a bit upset he would have nothing to lose.Im sure.The decent people on this site will look forward to this Then everyone can get back to enjoying their cars...this after all is the reason we buy them..Sorry to the good members that had to read all the nonsense that cluttered these pages the past few week ,as i acted out of character on some of my remarks.But i will never back down to anyone on this site or anywhere else as to the car and its autheticity ,nor would you if it was yours....

Post Extras:

Mr70
10-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Chuck and others.Please seem my response to this under Chucks ad in the Parts fo sale section.Thank You.

Steven J
10-04-2002, 11:38 PM
Souperhigh, If I don't have a lot of money, am I not real ??? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

Souperhigh
10-05-2002, 03:22 AM
Yes, you are real!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I also have a easy banker!!!!!I meant most people on this site are real people when it comes to the love and appreciation for not only these special Chevy's but all muscle cars. Heck, I even own a 68 GT 500 KR and that is the f--- word. /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif

Souperhigh
10-05-2002, 03:31 AM
I just wanted to put an end to the bickering on the site.Yes, Yountto is real, I know some people who have purchased parts from him.But this is such a special sight and yes, we sometimes get flakes on the site that are selling fake cars ,but for the most of it ,this site is a very powerful and valuable place for the good things about cars, and there have been many clones that have been described as real that the fine knowledgeable people here have saved honest people from buying a fake. I too, even spent nearly $100,000 on a B/M Camaro that even had a letter from Joel, which turned up to be a letter with no value or creditability. I pursued the fact that I received many emails from fellow members on the car as being a fake, then I went to a friend on the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and he got me a NCIB report, and even got to talk to the origional and second owner, and guess what-not a B/M car.This site has many real professional car buffs as well as many restorers, I read it two to three times a day always learning more.And I thank the people here for that.

mc25t190
10-06-2002, 04:46 AM
might i add bucket seat, 4 speed ,console, triple black cowl induction.