PDA

View Full Version : Nickey 1970 ad

JoeC
07-23-2002, 12:50 PM
Anyone notice this Nickey ad that was on ebay? It is a 1970 ad but the 1969 Camaro shown in the picture looks like one of the two prototype ZL1s that Chevy built. Looks like it has a rear sway bar on it and custom wheel centers. I wonder where Nickey got the picture to use in the ad. It also appears they are advertising a 454 in 69 Camaro body. I guess because the 70 Camaro was late.
here is ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2120935151

68l30
07-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Yep,I missed the end on that one!I figured the same,the 70 was a late intro and Nickey used what was available from Chevrolet at the time.Nice piece........

Steve

Stefano
07-23-2002, 04:25 PM
JoeC
Great eye, I think your on the $$$$. It looked familiar but I couldn't place it.

I don't know if we have discussed this prior, but one of the two Black/Gold Chevy engineering ZL1s was retailed by Jack Douglass Chevrolet.

He is not certain that It had the ZL1 engine in it when he got it from the central office as he recalls that the engine was painted Orange.

He and the General Manager remember the JL8 option and a fold down rear seat? He also remembers that it was an early built Camaro.

Anyone have a black COPO with a Fold down rear seat?

Maybe Jim Mattison may recall the ZL1 as he may have been the one to sell it to Jack Douglass Chevrolet.

hvychev
08-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Just picked up one of these from that seller. Wow, what a nice peice! /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif