PDA

View Full Version : Nickey Camaro in Lemont, Illinois

hvychev
07-25-2002, 04:51 PM
This is to the Chicago guys, and their is a lot of us here!
As I was telling a very dear friend of mine about this site he told me of a Nickey Camaro that sat in the front yard of some guys house in Lemont IL. He said that all the locals knew of the car sitting their for a number of years. (Lemont used to be a rather small town for Chicago standards) In about 1996 or 1997 my friend and his brother approached the car and said it was either a 67 or 68 red Camaro with the flared fenders, big rear wheels, and the hood had metel grate style grills on it. They said that it had a faded Nickey Chevrolet sticker on the back. The car had very tall grass and trees groing around it and looked like it had not moved in a long time. Also they said that the lock cylinders had been pryed out and the interior had been picked for parts by theives. All they said about the motor was that "it was big". The owner came out and asked what did they want, and they asked if the car was for sale. He said maby, for about $5000. He claimed it was a real Nickey car. My friend really did'nt know anything about Nickey cars and took a pass. He said that the car sold only a couple of years ago. Have any of the Chicago guys heard of this car, know anything about it, or know what happened to it?