PDA

View Full Version : How many Yenko Deuces have you found.......

YenkoChevelle69
08-05-2002, 05:58 PM
Okay, here goes. How many of the deuces have been found that are on the pictures page? For instance the green one with the dealers name still stenciled on it 1/4s? Just curious. Old pictures are neat. I have several from the day my chevelle came home.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Actually,
The Citrus Green deuce named the 'DRAGGIN DEUCE' is the only car on that page that is not found, all of the other cars have been found and most are restored.
M

hvychev
08-05-2002, 06:48 PM
Marlin,
That is one of my favorite spots on this site!(vintage super car photos) Thanks for providing them! I could only dream of getting a hold of vintage pictures of my Chevelle. I posted eariler on the comments and suggestions section spot that it would be awesome if more people would post their vintage Camaro and Chevelle photos along with the Deuce photos. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Mr70
08-06-2002, 03:55 AM
Marlin
Tell me all you know about the "Draggin Duece".
Where did that picture come from?
I may be able to help locate it.
Rick

YenkoChevelle69
08-06-2002, 05:02 AM
You want vintage? Here is # 1 /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

YenkoChevelle69
08-06-2002, 05:03 AM
Here is # 2. This is my 69 malibu 307 p/g 10 bolt car. nothing more than a bonified parts car but she has papers 3 inches thick that includes everything. So I really want to save her.

shor
08-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Where was that picture taken? Brooklyn? Queens?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Rick;
The DRAGGIN DEUCE was obviously purchased from Fencl Tufo, and the pic was taken in '72-'74 at Oswego Dragway (?), affectionately known as the 'gravel bowl'. We believe the car to be a 4speed without power steering. This car helped us prove that Citrus Green was the only color of Deuces to have come with both colors of stripes - so far. We are still researching Cran Red with white stripes, and Forest Green with black.

Mike
08-06-2002, 04:31 PM
Marlin & Rick,

There is an Oswego, New York. About 40 minutes north of Syracuse, NY. I don't know if they ever had a drag strip though? I believe there is a circle track in Oswego (dirt).

Mike

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-06-2002, 05:57 PM
It wasn't New York, another deuce owner took that picture when he was around 15 years old. He ended buying a forest green deuce several years later from a friend. The gravel bowl was south or southwest of Aurora, IL

Mr70
08-07-2002, 12:12 AM
Oh I know the dragstrip. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
I will follow through with what I have now.I hope this clcks as I would really like to help you find it.
I found the Salesman!