PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Yellow Yenko Nova clone

lowmile
08-16-2002, 07:23 PM
I took a nice 72 nova and put the 69 side stripes and Yenko fender and tail panel on it. it has torq-thrust wheels. I made the motor resemble a 70. I know it's not a very accurate clone but i took what i liked best from all of the years and made my own It is a nice Quality driver with loads of eye appeal. call me if your interested see attachment for pic. I just put the car Ebay there are more pics and a better discription there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1851882949&ssPageName= ADME:B:LC:MT:1

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-16-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm not big on clones, but must admit that the car has a lot of color, like this cool guy /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif Hmmm, Yenko should have made some D-Yellow Yenko Novas, quite noticeable.

Good luck with the sale, take the money and find the Sunflower Yellow Yenko Deuce sold out of Dunlap Chev, in Macon, GA /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Stefano
08-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Marlin,
I keep hearing about a Yellow Deuce which is currently under restoration, in the far Western Suburbs of Illinois.

Do you know the car or the owner?

Schonyenko2
08-17-2002, 02:43 AM
Stefano, Ron Norman from Mchenry is restoring a sunflower deuce. Car should be close to done. He was stripeing the car last time I talked to him. Ken S.

Stefano
08-17-2002, 03:34 AM
Thanks Ken, odds are that it could be his as the shop it it located at is not to far from Ron's old store.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-17-2002, 01:09 PM
Ron's deuce is from Thorstad Chev. (Hult) in Madison, WI. I have searched for this yellow deuce in GA, but they didn't require titles until '86 or so. An orange one went to Columbus GA, it showed 2years ago in Alabama and is now in New York in restoration.