PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Impala SS427 for sale........

Rat_Pack
09-02-2002, 02:20 PM
I have a 67 <font color="red">SS427 </font color> Impala needing restoration or for parts. The car was moveable under its own power until yesterday. I pulled the engine (69 427 385hp) as it was not in the deal with the car. It still has a TH400 trans, ps pump, hoses, and brackets, bucket seats, console, tilt wheel, exhaust is new but has rust on the tailpipes. Car has been sitting for years and not registered since 1982. I bought it without the engine, hood, and trunk emblem (both were missing). There is an extra set of fenders that are almost mint (nothing wrong with the ones on the car), extra grill, front bumper, core support, decklid, std flat hood (no molding)is on the car that is good, and front bumper filler panel. There is rust in the drivers front floor, it can be patched or replaced. The trunk floor and the drivers lower 1/4 need replaced. The passenger 1/4 is almost mint, a few tiny holes and a dent in front of the wheel but it does not need a patch anywhere.

The doors are mint! They open and close with ease. The plastic on the console is trashed and the chrome is decent and is not broken. The lock cylinder is broken out of the console and glove box. All of the dash lights work including the console shift indicator. The dash pad needs replacing, the door panels need new carpet at the bottoms and a dye job and they are very usable! About 90% of the stainless around the windows is perfect. The glass is original and is in decent shape: the w/s and lh door glass are the worst and would need replacing.

The original 12-bolt is still in the car and the F41 suspension is all there. (It is not shown on the bs but is part of the Z24 option.)

The car currently has a set of 15 x 8-1/2" American T70 wheels with new BFG tires that I had in the garage, they can be removed from the car and the price drops considerably.

Added bonus!!! This car has its orginal buildsheet showing the Z24 <font color="red">SS427 </font color> option and the body number on the build sheet matches the one on the trim tag. Here are the options listed on the sheet: <ul type="square"> <font color="blue"> A02 tinted w/s
A51 bucket seats
B80 roof drip moldings
N30 deluxe steering wheel
N33 tilt steering wheel
U23 ignition switch light
U25 compartment light
U35 clock
U63 AM radio
U80 rear speaker
Z24 Super Sport Pkg (427)</font color> [/list] The trim tag and vin info is as follows: <ul type="square"> 168877Y152168
Build date: 12D
Body number: BW03269
Trim: 844R Bright blue buckets
Paint: F-F Marina Blue[/list]

There are a couple of extra codes at the bottom of the trim tag: 0442 and B80 but nothing else like most 67 trim tags I have seen. Both of these codes are found on the build sheet.

This is one of only 2124 <font color="red">SS427 </font color> Impalas built in 1967 and would be a beautiful car restored. Some would say it is a parts car also, you make the decision. I will post pictures later today. The car can be delivered to Pigeon Forge at either the Shades of the Past show this weekend or at the Grand Run the following weekend.

Very little is missing and what is can be replaced easily. Price: $3700.00 with the tires and wheels or $1200.00 without them and you furnish your own wheels &amp; tires. Email me with any questions. Thank you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif .......................RatPack.................... ....

SS427
09-02-2002, 09:56 PM
Rat_Pack,
Sounds like a sweet deal. Unfortunately, my wife would kill if I brought another SS427 home! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif I recommend you post this on www.impalass427.com (http://www.impalass427.com) . There have been several people on that site looking for a '67 and that is a desirable color as well. If you can send me some pics and other info to my e-mail address, I will also see if I can help as I keep in touch with many SS427 people.
Rick

T Billigen
09-02-2002, 10:49 PM
SS427, have you ever seen the black SS427 from Chicago owned by Ron Mroz?

Mr70
09-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Tom
I was parked across from that Impala last weekend at Larry Roesch Chevrolet show in Bensenville,Il.
Sweet Imp! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 12:34 AM
Rick, I am not into these cars that much so thanks for the heads up on the website. This car would be an easy restoration for the average enthusiast. Heck the thing has started to grow on me /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif. If it does not sell in the next week or so I think I may spend a little time and drop a 454 into it and drive it for a beater.....................RatPack................ ........

Check out the picture. More are available upon request.

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 12:36 AM
Another view.......................RatPack..........

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 12:37 AM
Dash view.....................RatPack............

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 12:40 AM
Trunk floor.....................RatPack................

T Billigen
09-03-2002, 01:25 AM
Rat Pack, looks like your missing the SS427 hood? Very hard to find if you you don't have one and a NOS hood bezel is impossible to find! I had two of them a few years ago, one went to F. Garrett and the other one is on the black SS427 from Chicago.

copolocater
09-03-2002, 01:43 AM
Look no further! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Tom, the hood and the trunk molding are missing but are easily found. They both can be bought for $3000, the hood could pass for NOS and the insert has been rechromed, and the trunk molding has been restored. I wish I could afford them but I am not needing them as this car is not a keeper. I am just trying to keep from having to part it out and sending it to the crusher /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif . This car could be parted out for a lot more than the $1200.00 that buys it.

One other thing, it does not have the F41 suspension, I thought all of the SS427 cars came with it but there is no rear sway bar, only has a rear panhard rod................RatPack........................ ..

T Billigen
09-03-2002, 02:02 AM
3K is a good price for those items! I thought they would be more? F41 was an option, not standard but I think they all had the big front sway bar?

68l30
09-03-2002, 02:04 AM
Was this car purchased recently in the P Forge area? I have a guy around here that was interested in a 67 SS resto car but it sold quickly.I will mention the car to him.

Steve

Stefano
09-03-2002, 02:08 AM
Troy,
I have an NOS Hood Moulding for the car and a Good A/C dash pad if anyone wants to add Air. Also know location of correct 2 bolt main short block, but it is expensive as the Corvette Guys Scoop them for their 1967 Tri-Powers.

I believe that the Heavy duty F-41 included stiffer Shocks and a larger diameter front sway bar but no rear sway bar. Tom, what is your recollection?

Can you post a Copy of the Build Sheet? Where was it found on the car?

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 02:12 AM
Steve, I live about 35 miles from there but the car was only a few miles from my house. If you know someone who is seriously looking for one of these cars you better let him know as the response to this ad has been great! If he is close by he can inspect the car if he wishes........................RatPack............. ........

Everyone thanks for your emails and I will respond to them as quickly as possible. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 02:21 AM
Stefano, I will email you off line about the molding if I do not sell the car. There are things that are specific to the <font color="red"> SS427 </font color> cars on the build sheet and with respect to the other <font color="red"> SS427 </font color> owners I prefer not to post it. I assume most people are honest /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif but I do not like to help the dishonest /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif ones make better bogus cars. I am not sure where the build sheet was located but looking at the condition of it I am thinking behind a door panel.....................RatPack...............

Stefano
09-03-2002, 03:48 AM
I understand ,and as usual was Curious as I have never been able to find a Big Car Build sheet. Not that I have had that many but a few have been in the drive way over the years /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 12:29 PM
Stefano, check your email. I found out late last night that the build sheet was found underneath the hood insulation! That is one place I have never found one. Oh well there is always a first......................RatPack................ ..

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Here are a few more pictures per some of your requests.............RatPack.....................

quarter panels.

SS427
09-03-2002, 01:01 PM
T Billigen, yes I have seen Ron's car. It is likely one of the best around. There are few of these cars that I am unaware of as I have collected them for 25 years (no one else wanted them /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif ) but occasionally I do run into unknowns. I just located one in California and one in my back yard, both unknowns and can be had reasonably cheap. I too am considering selling my second owner '67 SS427 to help finance a low mileage LS-6 Chevelle purchase but time will tell.

Rat_pack, did you list all the info on the cowl tag? One code is missing that is on most '67 cars excluding the Los Angeles cars. E-mail me if that code is on there and you chose not to post it on site.

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 01:02 PM
Floorpans and exhaust before engine was removed...............RatPack....................

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 01:17 PM
SS427, yes there is another code on the trim tag that I did not see before. At this time I cannot reveal it as it could possibly help the counterfeiters make bogus trim tags for cars built at the Wilmington plant. Rest assured that this car is a true SS427 as all of the information on the trim tag matches the information on the build sheet, plus some...................RatPack.................... ........

bbc427
09-03-2002, 04:48 PM
Ratpack i am definately interested in that car. Hope its not to late! I am into these full size chevys and this 1 in particular. My uncle had one like it when i was a kid back in 67 and i would love to recreate his car! Lets work out the details. Consider it a done deal. Thanks ,Rich. [email protected]

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Rich, give me a call. I have emailed you with my home phone number....................RatPack................. ..

Rat_Pack
09-03-2002, 07:52 PM
Sold!!!! Thanks everyone! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif ..............RatPack.................

T Billigen
09-03-2002, 09:53 PM
SS427, I really like those 67 Impalas, I have owned four, I had a marina blue ss, 327 4 speed with 1452 original miles, SS427 ragtop, red 283 that won first place at Norwalk a few years ago and I also owned the black one that Mroz has now, that was a complete frame off, all matching number car, when I moved to Wisconsin I left the car in Pa. Chuck Huber and Paul Cupp did the resto and Ron did a lot of tweaking on it when I sold it to him, there was a few small pieces missing that he had to find. It has all the bells and whistles and the astro bench seat. The only reason I sold it was that I did not have any time to show it and did not want to let it sit and deteriorate, I wish I still had it!!!!

SS427
09-04-2002, 11:46 AM
We will likely be brandished from this site for admitting it but I too have owned many SS427 Impalas. What can I say, it is nice to go to a national show and be a one of a kind and I am not lucky enough to own a Supercar. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I am currently involved with a frame off on a Marina Blue '67 and will be starting the '69 L-72 SS427 convert (discussed here many months ago regarding trans codes you guys confirmed for me) soon. Though not "supercars" or even highly sought after, they are still a piece of GM history and still have some mistique to them. However, just to keep me honest, there is a '69 Yenko Camaro parked next to them. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

Charley Lillard
09-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Maybe we can rename it the Supercar, Tunaboat site..:-) /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

SS427
09-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Rich Bernat may not be too excited but I would prefer Land Yacht myself. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

JoeC
09-04-2002, 03:16 PM
I like those L72 Biscaynes ...MuscleBarge /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif