PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Itinerary

hvychev
09-11-2002, 02:05 AM
For those of us that have never been to the reunion, what is the schedule of events at the reunion? I am heading out early on Saturday morning and should arrive their in about four hours. Is it like a traditional car show? Are the supercars going to be indoors? Is their going to be non supercars shown as well? Will the attendence be high? How many usually show? Will the general public be able to hear Mr. Stephani speak? Will everybody just leave the show to see the drag racing? Will their be any vendors/swap meet? Sorry I have all the questions I just want to know what to expect. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Who NOT showing a car is comming?

Chevy454
09-11-2002, 04:01 AM
Well, last year Brian and Joe were the first ones there, I think late Thursday? Anyway, Friday morning they were the "designated greeters" in the parking lot, kind of getting an informal head count. I am assuming it will be the same this year, but most of the Supercars roll in during the day Friday, and that evening everyone is welcome to attend a "meet and greet" put on by The Supercar Workshop, which will include a specail guest speaker (Mr. Stephani).

Saturday, from 7-9 a.m. is move in time to the Gateway center, for Supercars, memorabilia displays, and vendors. The musclecars and anyone participating in the cruise will be in a designated spot outside. The show will last until about 4pm, as we will cruise to Schmitt Chevrolet soon after. There the Supercar Reunion participants will be treated to some BBQ, live music, and more memorabilia.

Sunday is "race day". I believe we are welcome to run as much as possible from 9-12 at Mid America Raceway, where anyone wishing to do a little bracket racing can do so after noon.

So, what did I miss! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

bkhpah
09-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Super Car Workshop will arrive Thursday late afternoon. Friday is a lot of fun. Watching the cars arrive, and seeing what is new to the show is a rare treat...BKH

Z28DZ
09-11-2002, 05:35 PM
I'm looking forward to the Reunion, seeing some cool cars, gathering info (for my COPO project) and meeting fellow enthusiasts.

COPO
09-11-2002, 06:36 PM
My son and I are going to try and be there around noon on Friday. It's great to see the cars arrive and then hear them fired up as they pull out of the trailers. Can't wait.

mahoy78spyder
09-11-2002, 11:16 PM
For those participating in the cruise, how long is it? (curious) The Yenko I'll be driving only has 11 miles on the odometer since its restoration several years ago, but wanted to know how many miles I'll be adding to it approximately. Thanks.

Ken

Chevy454
09-12-2002, 12:51 AM
I think it's around 10 miles one way...but I'm getting this second hand, and I'm not from the area.

hvychev
09-12-2002, 01:50 AM
It kind of sucks for guys like me that can only be there for one day that you miss so much.(Drag racing, guest speakers). Is their going to be non-supercars shown as well?

Chevy454
09-12-2002, 01:59 AM
The musclecars (non-Supercars) will be parked outside, in a designated area by the door. I think there will be a larger turn out of musclecars this years, but who knows.