PDA

View Full Version : COPO CARS

ford26t
09-13-2002, 02:31 AM
Does anybody have any info on copo cars that came out of the reedman chev dealership in pa Thanks

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-13-2002, 12:21 PM
There is a higher probability that COPO cars came out of Penske Chev in Philadelphia vs Reedman's in Langhorne. To my knowledge though, I don't know of any COPO cars being sold out of either dealer - save for the 3-4 ZL1's sold out of Penske. I grew up in Langhorne, and have never heard fact/fiction of any 427 cars sold out of Reedman's back in the day.

COPO
09-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Reedman may or may not have sold 427 cars, but they were a hipo dealer and sold a number of LS-6 cars. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have an LS-6 conv. buildsheet for a car out of Reedman.

SS427
09-13-2002, 01:02 PM
I have 2 LS-6 coupe build sheets from Reedman as well.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-13-2002, 01:03 PM
COPO, that is true, they sold a dumpload of RPO performance cars - not surprising since the place is absolutely huge. However, I don't know that I've ever heard of any COPO cars from there, maybe they just weren't plugged in. It seems that most of the COPO cars were sold out of much smaller dealerships, and the mega-dealers didn't always get involved.

Stefano
09-13-2002, 02:09 PM
The COPO process to order Super Cars was not publicized to the General Dealer Body. Most GM Dealer Zone offices were informed of it by the inquiring dealers. It was discovered/uncovered by very few dealers, relative to the total Chevy dealer population.

Jeff H
10-03-2002, 12:16 AM
There is a guy in the Northwest Jersey Camaro Club that has a 454 transplant 69 Camaro he bought new from Reedman. I think he has paperwork with it since he's the original owner. I've never seen the paperwork so I can't say either way. I know the last name, but not sure about his first name.