PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here... BUT...

AdidasCU
09-19-2002, 04:48 AM
I got a call today from a local guy interested in my 97 Chevy Tahoe.

He said he is willing to trade a 68 BM Camaro in Daytona Yellow appraised at $30K

Said it had a rebuilt 396 w/ 4 on the floor, and "all the numbers" and that it runs high elevens in the Denver area...

Is he pullin my leg? How do I know if it is real? What do i look for in fakes? Any websites you all can throw at me? Any more info I need to know?

thanks a lot.

James

JChlupsa
09-19-2002, 04:58 AM
Just to let you know The folks here will get a reply back to you as soon as somone see your ?. Only problem is that some of them if not most of them are headed out for a SuperCar reuion this weekend and it might niot be until they return a reply gets posted.

If it is infact a real 68 BM car he would have paperwork from Joel to prove it. My guess would be him saying it was appraised at 30K would tell me its not one. or might be one thats in need of a complete restoration!!! Also having a 396 and not the 427 in it would hurt the value also.

Others will add their words of wisdom and my recommendation listen cause Words of Wisdom is just what they will be /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

djunod
09-19-2002, 12:20 PM
I would have to agree with Jeff here. If it appraised at 30K, then it is a clone. Also, if it was a real BM car, then the owner would have paperwork from Joel Rosen indicating that it is a real BM. That proof is what makes the car worth a lot, and if he doesn't have it then that means that it isn't real.

Do you get the logic? If it was real, then he would have had NO problems paying Joel $1500 for the paperwork, because that alone will jump the price up in 10's of K's. If he knows deep down that it is a clone, then he would rather rely on "his own word" in telling you it is a BM.

copolocater
09-19-2002, 12:55 PM
A word from the wise(Mr. Rosen himself)stickers and emblems don't make a motion.Daytona yellow?Paperwork,paperwork,paperwork. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

COPO
09-19-2002, 12:55 PM
If it was a real BM Camaro the appraised value would be 4 to 5 times that price. Just make your sale contingent on the seller getting an authentication letter from Joel Rosen. If it's real you just hit the lottery.

One other thing, since your Tahoe's value is in the $10K-$12K range (less if traded in to a dealer) even if the camaro is only worth $20K it still looks to be a great trade for you to complete

AdidasCU
09-19-2002, 01:43 PM
WOW... you all have been so helpful already!

So if it were real it would be worth more like 100K????

Can I see what real paperwork looks like so I can tell if he is faking it?

Should I have it appraised myself if it is NOT a motion car? any other stuff I'm missing?

says the car has 66K original miles

JoeC
09-19-2002, 02:07 PM
I would start by decoding all the numbers such as deck pad, block casting, rear end, etc. What reasons does he have that indicates to him it is a Motion car?

mhassett
09-19-2002, 07:11 PM
AdidasCU,
Get Real--People DON'T trade a $150,000 (plus) car for a '97 Tahoe!!!!! If the car is a nice driver go for it. The facts that have been told to me are that there are ONLY (2) and I have one and Kevin S. has the other. Does the guy have a letter from Joel Rosen?? If he won't pay the $1500.00 to have it certified than he knows it a fake... Good Luck and try to get paperwork and verify numbers. Also listen to the guys on this site they know what their talking about and we will all try to help you.
Take Care, Mark

copolocater
09-19-2002, 09:02 PM
Sorry doesn't work that way!!!You post a copy of the paperwork on this site ,minus vin if you prefer, we will let you know. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif There's already bogus paperwork out there.

AdidasCU
09-23-2002, 06:06 AM
Ok... I just wanted to see what the real deal paperwork looks like... How about some pics of BM cars? so I can tell what it should look like?!?!?!

Stefano
09-23-2002, 04:00 PM
Check out JoeC's attachments today under the Discusion topic for a picture of the real deal.