PDA

View Full Version : Another COPO Camaro on EBay

SuperNovaSS
09-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Here you go guys.

COPO on EBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862550973)

Let the discussion begin! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Jason

JUNKPIECE
09-21-2002, 05:09 PM
I finally decided to put it on ebay . If anyone wants anymore pics or info, just email me at [email protected].

robber6910
09-21-2002, 07:11 PM
What documentation do you have to prove it's authenticity? Is there a POP or ownership history with letters from all owners?

Mr70
09-22-2002, 03:36 AM
Have you ever found out what happened to the Original VIN stamped 427 engine?
Is it totally gone or can it be located?

JUNKPIECE
09-22-2002, 05:32 AM
robber6910, I do not have any documentation on the car. The only thing that I can go by are the physical pieces of the car itself.I have talked to few guys on this website about my car, and they have all agreed that it is a COPO. Base model x44 cars did not come with BE coded rearends ,with M22 trans and ZL2 cowl hoods , unless they were COPO's.It also has the wiring harness for the hood coming out of the firewall , about 1 inch above the fuse box. mr70, I have not been able to track down the original motor.I have tried to track down the original owner , but only made it to an owner from 1976.He could not remember the guys name from whom he purchased it from.

robber6910
09-22-2002, 09:24 AM
Not to push any buttons Junkpiece, but why didn't you restore the car in the seven years that you owned it? Did you know when you first purchased the car, it was a COPO? If not, when did this come to light? The only reason I am asking all these questions is if I am buying a car, I wanna ask and know everything possible about it before making a serious offer.

JUNKPIECE
09-22-2002, 04:14 PM
I fully understand where you are coming from. I bought the car just because it was a nice looking car. I had no idea that it was a COPO, or even what a COPO was.I had the car for about 2 years, and I was at the local Super Shops with it on a saturday night.I had a guy come up to me and tell me that the car was not a Z28, but a COPO Camaro.He said that he was 1 of the guys that helped restore it in the 80's.So thats what put me into the mode to check things out on the car.As far as restoring it,I have used the car as a daily driver since I purchased it. The only real way to restore it ,would be to park it in my garage and buy an extra vehicle.I would rather drive the Camaro around then let it be a garage queen.

Tommy_Mathison
09-23-2002, 08:03 PM
hey, just curious, /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif what is your reserve? i'm interisted in bidding but dont want to waste my time if it is was out of my league. know what i mean?? just wondering.thanks! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif tommy

Tommy_Mathison
09-23-2002, 08:05 PM
also, why is there no D80 on the trim tag? i thought all copo's had spoilers or am i mistaken? thanks again, tommy

Tommy_Mathison
09-23-2002, 08:23 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif nvm, i figured out the D80 question, just one more, the trim 727 code, in my book it says that is an ivory/black standard bucket. i dont get it?? standard seats were one color right?? please explain. thanks much! tommy

tom406
09-24-2002, 03:24 AM
It means that the interior is a mixture. The seats and door panels are ivory, the dash and carpets (sometimes the headliner on some cars) are black. White dashes don't work because of glare, and white carpets are impractical for obvious reasons.

bilede
09-27-2002, 08:35 PM
Does anyone have any additional info on this car? Seller says that he has talked with some of the people on this site and have confirmed its a copo but no one has spoken up.