PDA

View Full Version : Silva & Motion Maco (Mako Shark II replica)

djunod
10-01-2002, 12:11 AM
If you are interested in the John Silva Mako Shark II replicas, come check out www.makoshark2.com (http://www.makoshark2.com)

The Maco was created by John Silva in 1969 after realizing that the new (1968) Corvette body style didn't look close enough to the 1965 Mako Shark II show car. John made 125 of these cars from 1969 until 1979. John Silva made 3 Maco's for Motion Performance and then Motion Performance took a mold off of one of the cars and began selling the Maco as a kit as well.

Over the years there have been a number of people that made molds of these cars and who have sold their own version.

JoeC
10-01-2002, 02:18 PM
That's a nice Mako web site. Good job! I think I have some pics of other Mako's if you like them let me know. I will have to look through some back up disks to find them.

djunod
10-01-2002, 03:44 PM
Definitely would appreciate any pictures and text about other Mako's.

I see a lot of you are in the St. Louis area. I'm originally from Greenville IL (about 65 miles east of St. Louis on 70). There is a guy that lives in Greenville, named David Embry that owns a Mako from TN. He owns a number of McDonald's in the area, including in Edwardsville and Collinsville. Maybe somebody here knows him. Back in the summer, I tried for several weeks to get a hold of him to let him know about the Supercar Reunion, but he was always out of town.

Anyway, thanks!

JoeC
10-01-2002, 03:46 PM
David, I emailed 4 pics of a white Mako