PDA

View Full Version : October '02 Feature Car

COPO PETE
10-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Thanks Rob. Was hoping you would feature that car soon. That thing is drop dead beautifull!!! However, Mark is a little shorter than I remember. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Peter

Chevy454
10-05-2002, 05:40 PM
You are right on the gorgeous part. This car is all dad has talked about since the Reunion. It was one of my favorites at the show.

Chris396
10-05-2002, 06:04 PM
I couldn't stay away from it at the reunion. I had to keep checking it out.

djunod
10-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Love it!

'68 is my all time favorite year. Mainly because that is what my Dad bought years ago.

I currently own a '68 coupe and have been restoring the body. I've decided to make it into a B-M clone with a Maco twist. I'll post pictures (or a link) when I'm done with the body portion (probably still a month away).

COPO
10-05-2002, 11:39 PM
Stunning car! Enjoyed seeing it in person at the Reunion. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

hvychev
10-06-2002, 12:40 AM
The more I read and see about these BAD AZZ Baldwin Motion supercars the more I love them. When you hear that the cars are dangerously fast thats when you got to love 'em!!
/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif A fine looking machiene Mark!

Stefano
10-06-2002, 03:53 AM
Mark,
Very /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif cool Super car thanks for sharing it with us.

Were the gauges installed by Motion or did the owner install them that way?

whitetop
10-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Mark
What kind of wheels were on the car when you bought it?
Dave

mhassett
10-06-2002, 01:56 PM
MOTION installed the gauges (the speedometer has an odometer and the tach has an extra needle to set the rev limiter).
As for the wheels when I got the car it had rally wheels and big radial tires. I have a picture from a car magazine when the car was new it had steel wheels and red line tires. Baldwin probably ordered it like that as they assumed Rosen would probably put after-market wheels on it.
Thanks, Mark /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Jeff Murphy
10-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Mark, the detailing on the car was fantastic.

Jeff Murphy
10-06-2002, 03:56 PM
More

Jeff Murphy
10-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Engine bay

ZL1mike
10-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Did that amall air filter comes from Motion like that?
Mike

mhassett
10-06-2002, 04:25 PM
The Credit for ALL the Detailing MUST go to my Great Friend Phil Borris!!! He is a Stickler for Detail and Correctness. Phil also does extensive research when he details (old car magazines etc.) We did happen to find an old magazine with my car when it was at MOTION. The small air cleaner is also in the picture (the hood was off the car when Bill Mitchell was driving it down the street) and so we did it just like the picture.
Again I really don't take much credit as all I do is WRITE the CHECKS!!!! When I was a kid and could buy these cars my Dad made me buy a new truck to use for his roofing company. Now as I am older I Really APPRECIATE the fact that I have some rare muscle cars. Thanks guys, Mark (Thanks again to Tim Lapota for calling me first on the car) /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

copolocater
10-06-2002, 05:31 PM
Mark thanks but it was my brother Dave who located your (MONSTER)I just made the connection.The truck and trailer were so nice we almost kept heading south /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Your son was almost right.HAHA

whitetop
10-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Mark
You have a very beautiful car. When are you going to send that hi tech stainless steel fuel hookup line down to Davey Jones Locker?
Wasn't that a '67-'68 jiggy term?
Dave

Mr70
10-06-2002, 11:02 PM
Very Nice Camaro and story too Mark.
And the Trick-R-Treater is a nice touch. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

68l30
10-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Mark,do you know how soon this car was converted by Motion? I am curious about the 69 type alternator brkt.Did Joel feel there was a RPM problem with the long arm 68 style?I am not familiar with Motion prepped cars(sorry),and don't have much "Old Lit" to go by.Any thoughts?Or am I just too anal retentive .... /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Steve

COPO
10-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Mark's car is shown in the January '69 issue of "Rodder & Superstock". BTW, this is a great magazine to pick up if you are a Motion fan. There is a road test of an L-88 equipped '68 RS Motion Camaro that ran an 11.48 @ 121 mph w/Joel Rosen powershifting @ 7,200 rpm! Also, another article on how to order a Motion Camaro showing Mark's car w/Bill Mitchell behind the wheel.

mhassett
10-06-2002, 11:45 PM
Steve, The guy I bought it from put Power Steering on it and moved the alternator to the other side. We took the power steering set-up off. Time was limited in getting it ready for the reunion, we are going to change the alternator to the correct side and some other things. I am getting the aluminum heads done right now and when we install the heads we are going to finish the car. The fuel lines are too new for the car and they will be corrected also. Man you guys are sharp!!! Much thanks, Mark /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

68l30
10-06-2002, 11:50 PM
Thanks Mark! I just wanted to stay in the "loop". /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Very nice car,can't wait to see it again...

Steve