PDA

View Full Version : COPO question??

Clint_69
10-24-2002, 01:42 AM
Hello, I received my Daytona Yellow COPO this weekend (finally glad the deal is complete) and I have a question about the original posi carrier for the BE rear. Is there a specific number that shows that the posi carrier is original to the car? A casting code perhaps?By the way, I want to thank every body who replied to my first post. It was extremely helpful. Also, how do I eliminate "stranger" when I log on and post a message? Any help is appreciated.

Stefano
10-24-2002, 02:05 AM
Clint go to the http://www.camaros.org/index.shtml site you will see detailed examples of where to look for the casting and axle tube stamp dates, as well as most any other info you may seek.

COPO
10-24-2002, 11:18 AM
The posi carrier should be a "234" casing. Jerry McNeish's book is a good reference for info on the parts unique to the "234" posi unit.

MikeA
10-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Clint69,

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>
how do I eliminate "stranger" when I log on and post a message? Any help is appreciated

<hr></blockquote>

This is from the FAQ section of the site.

Everyone has a title within the forum. You will notice them below the Username in each post. Some titles are automatically assigned based on the number of posts a user has made, and some titles are assigned by the forum owner to denote official representatives of the company or other VIPs in the forums.

Here is the list of the standard titles and # of posts to achieve them:

0 stranger
25 newbie
50 journeyman
100 member
200 enthusiast
400 addict
700 old hand
1200 veteran
1600 Pooh-Bah
2500 Carpal Tunnel

Fhakya
11-01-2002, 08:30 AM
Not always true (still looking for a stout answer on this one). See my posts VS ranking (old system). Out of curiosity, I gave SS427 a ranking of 5 stars a few months back on a topic and it's stuck ever since for everything also.
-Mark

Seattle Sam
11-02-2002, 04:07 PM
Just wondering,
Wouldn't it make more sense to reserve the "Stranger" rating for those who have not filled out their profile - so, as soon as one completes their profile they would advance beyond Stranger?
just a suggestion,
-Sam

Chevy454
11-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Probably so, Sam, but I have no control over either of those things...it's all built into the program.